Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
Z570_I-7

Re: Ideapad U & Y & Z Series Shipping Discussion (2012)

All in all very positive experience and service. Will buy again from Lenovo online.

Ordered a Z570 I-7 on April 2 2012. Manufactured on the 10th , shipped on the 12th, received 17th. It was the same for a friend of mine living in the same town. At first it showed a shipping date in July sometime.

I was pleasantly surprised with the shipping speed and service. Very well packaged, no danger of getting damaged. I am impressed with how sleek the laptop looks, nice gunmetal color resistant to fingerprints. Nice feel and layout of the keyboard and very nice track pad.

Fanfold Paper
Edizzle7

Just for an update for all of you thinking of purchasing from this lackluster company:

For my purchase of a in-stock off-shelf V570 on 3/28-

Shipping date went from 4/3 to 4/8 to 4/11 to 4/16 to 4/20 to 4/25 to now 4/30.  No explanation of delay, no response from any of my emails.  Apparently they are self generating and have no bearing on actual ship date, yet no one can tell me when my laptop will ship.

Called them, again. Talked to Karthik, again.  Karthik assured me that it would be shipped out any second (much like when I talked to him the previous week).  Still no laptop.  

I do not want this laptop.  I try to cancel it and they say- "its just about to be shipped, so I cannot cancel it" This has been the story for the last 10 days or so now.  

I will reccomend to everyone that is looking for a good laptop to look elsewhere.  It might be good product or not, but it does me no good when I can only think about using it.  I will be very vocal with my experience with Lenovo.  Horrible customer service.  Horrible product shipping.  Buy anything else...at least you might get to use it.

What's DOS?
Wildfang_

Ordered a Lenovo Ideapad y470p on 4/26/12. Est. Ship date was 4/27/12 and est. arrival is on 5/4/12. It is now 5/1/12 and my order has been delayed. My order detail page has yet to update and still shows the same ship date and arrival date.

I called Customer Service and was assured that within 24 hours my product will be shipped and I will be emailed with a tracking number. But after reading everyone elses experience with Customer Service not only on this website, but across the internet as well, I am hugely skeptical that is the case.

Fanfold Paper
Edizzle7

So after delayed shipping for a displayed in-stock, off shelf, shown quantities item for a MONTH! I get this:

Dear [shipping address company name here]

We are contacting you regarding your recent Lenovo order, number [xxxxxxx].
We regret that we were unable to complete your order, and it has now been cancelled.
The product(s) will not be shipped and you will not be charged for this order.
You may place a new order athttp://www.lenovo.com, or by calling a Lenovo sales representative at 866-968-4465.

IT WAS A IN-STOCK ITEM, YOU JERKS!  YOU DELAYED IT A MONTH, JUST TO CANCEL!

You SUCK Lenovo.  Everyone should stay away.  There should really be a site called www.lenovosucks.com  At least I am free from this horrible company forever.  Good luck to any who might have fallen in the trap. 

Punch Card
cordeparker

[ Edited ]

I placed an order on 4/25/12, and got an email saying that my shipping address needs verified with my bank, so I switched it from my work address to my home address. I had a sales rep do this for me. Waited a week and contacted sales rep twice about it, was told that the order has been accepted. Yesterday (5/2/12), I talked to another rep and they told me that I had to talk to the credit cart department. I did, and it showed that my address was still messed up. It was corrected and they told me that I'd be added to a listed to get processed and shipped in an expidited manner.

I got an email today with this: We apologize for the inconvenience caused. There might have been an error on the website as a result you were unable to check the Status. As per our record we see that your order is in process. Estimated shipping date is in the week of 6th of April 2012.

Haha Its may. The model I ordered isn't even listed anymore. I might just cancel and go with ASUS. Think Lenovo will just change my order from the 08626PU to the 08626QU? I just really liked the 2gb GPU, 7200rpm hard drive, processor and memory.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that on my phone call yesterday, the representative told me that it will be shipped out within 2-3 days. I guess we'll see.

Paper Tape
Matiu13

Hmm I also ordered the exact same model, the IdeaPad y570 08626PU, on April 26, 2012. At the time I ordered it, the website showed an estimated shipping date of 5/1/2012. When that date came, I still had not seen a shipping notification. I then used the online chat to ask someone about my order status. They said it would ship 'soon'.

The next morning, on May 2nd, I received an email stating that my ordered had been delayed (no reason given), and that it would ship within the next 30 days. That is ridiculous, THIRTY days??  I've e-mailed and talk to several reps through the online chat, and no one can give a reason why it was delayed or when it will ship. I can't say  "Lenovo sucks", because I DO like the laptops and the quality. This will be my fourth Lenovo over the past couple of years, but this time their service is completely unacceptable.

I do not think they will switch our model and give us the lower video RAM version, but who knows when we will get them.. Any other ideas or experiences with ordering a y570 lately??

Punch Card
cordeparker

@Matiu13
I talked to another rep today and he told me that there are not any shortages on the parts for the 08626PU and that the ship date is just a computer generated date and it COULD ship much earlier. Haha yeah right. I too have purchased Lenovo in the past and WAS previously satisfied. Seems like it has gone downhill since my last purchase. I might cancel my order on monday or tuesday if I don't get any sort of update. The person I talked to today said that they could not guarantee any cancellation as it is "processing." Since they don't charge an account until it ships, they'll have a hard time getting paid. I went into this experience very satisfied by the sales rep I spoke with on the 25th, and now...I don't think I'll ever purchase another Lenovo product. This has been a terrible experience and representatives of the company state that things will happen that they have no control over. And I doubt they'll be able to do anything that will compensate for the lack of confidence I currently have in the company (but they are welcome to try :-D )

If I cancel my order, hopefully Asus has some sort of awesome deal going on so I can get similar specs from a company I have faith it. I might even consider an HP or Sony.
Paper Tape
Matiu13

cordeparker wrote:
@Matiu13
I talked to another rep today and he told me that there are not any shortages on the parts for the 08626PU and that the ship date is just a computer generated date and it COULD ship much earlier. Haha yeah right. I too have purchased Lenovo in the past and WAS previously satisfied. Seems like it has gone downhill since my last purchase. I might cancel my order on monday or tuesday if I don't get any sort of update. The person I talked to today said that they could not guarantee any cancellation as it is "processing." Since they don't charge an account until it ships, they'll have a hard time getting paid. I went into this experience very satisfied by the sales rep I spoke with on the 25th, and now...I don't think I'll ever purchase another Lenovo product. This has been a terrible experience and representatives of the company state that things will happen that they have no control over. And I doubt they'll be able to do anything that will compensate for the lack of confidence I currently have in the company (but they are welcome to try :-D )

If I cancel my order, hopefully Asus has some sort of awesome deal going on so I can get similar specs from a company I have faith it. I might even consider an HP or Sony.

Thanks for the information. I spoke to a rep today as well, and they still couldn't tell me WHY it has been delayed or WHEN it will ship. They said they would forward it to their team or something and I should hear back in 1-2 days.. So I don't know, I might wait another week and see if anything happens, otherwise I will cancel too. I have already been looking for a comparable replacement. Asus would also be my next choice, but I can't justify spending twice as much to get something like the Asus g74 lol 

Punch Card
cordeparker

[ Edited ]

Honestly, I'm not really all about Dell, but just a few days ago...they were offering 20% off outlet laptops and I ALMOST bought an Alienware with better specs for 100 bucks more. If they bring that offer back, I might pick one up OR get one of the XPS 15z. It has the almost indentical specs as my ideapad except with the 1080p resolution and has a backlit keyboard. So just a heads up if somebody is looking to get a laptop quicker than 1-2 months. I still haven't canceled. I'm going to give it until wednesday or thursday of this week to see if anything updates. Let me know if you guys find any other awesome deals on a laptops. The dell came out to be like 700-800 bucks after the 20% discount. So hopefully they bring that offer back

Paper Tape
Matiu13

My estimated ship date keeps changing.. right now it says my estimated ship date is 5/9/12...which is today. I don't see that happening.

I spoke to an executive services rep through e-mail today, and he gave me a little more input as to why our orders have been delayed. Here is what the email said:

"I contacted our supply team and was advised many of these orders are delayed due to an engineering update.  The expected ship date is now 05/18 - 05/21."

So if that ship date is correct, that's another 1-2 weeks. Just thought I'd give you an update since you ordered the exact same model as I did. I may look for an alternative again tonight, and cancel my order if I find anything. I just hate to pay an extra couple of hundred dollars to get pretty much the same specs. And like I said, I actually DO like the quality and construction of the IdeaPads, I just don't know if I can hold out another 2 weeks. Have you found anything comparable, price wise and spec wise?