Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
jimafternoon

Re: Ideapad U & Y & Z Series Shipping Discussion (2012)

dawn1202 wrote:

@jimafternoon

I read some earlier posts regarding your order, and from my previous posts I'm waiting for my delivery sometime next week (shipment is jul15. but that's a sunday; we just ordered it on the 9th of jul)

I read on one of your posts [since you are one of few customers I've read with a u series model] that you did NOT customize yours and you just checked the model and added it to the cart with no other features? My parent customized mine with a work office 2010, wireless mouse, and a dvd burner (im pretty sure that's it) And, we ordered the u310. I received my Office Home 2010 today, so hopefully I receive more of the extra parts that I just listed later next week or hopefully tomorrow or Saturday. A response will be appreciated if you think I should have any concerns regarding my order, thanks!

You are correct, I ordered the stock model with no software upgrades. I did order a sleeve at the same time and apparently its being shipped with the laptop (they both have the same tracking number).  I'm not sure if you'll have any issues, but its a good sign that you've recieved some of your order and I would imagine that an Office2010 upgrade probably wont cause too much trouble (compared to ordering other custom internal components).  good luck!

Serial Port
dawn1202

Thanks to those who replied. I'll be sure to update via post if anything comes up and for anyone who may have ordered the u310. (Just wished I had routed the order track number from my parent's email to mine :smileytongue:)

@azkyeh- Yes, the dvd burner is external and comes with a usb type that I can just plug into the laptop since the u310 does not already have one. Thanks! I agree with you on that comment since I am reading among other users who share the same concerns. 

@jimafternoon- Yes, I thought to actually 'customize' the order meant adding extra parts/accessories like a bag/tote or a wireless mouse to the cart. Other than that, my parent did not upgrade anything within the laptop for me. It includes all the same specs that the nonultrabook ver. has listed on the site. But thanks for mentioning that as well!

Serial Port
dawn1202

WELL UPS CAME JUST NOW(:

This is unbelievable, right when I finished my last post I heard the sound of a delivery truck come around the corner...A DELIVERY TRUCK, and yes it was UPS. (I apologize for further grammar) But, yes my u310 laptop came in just now and my Dad is reading looking over the manual. We just unboxed it (however, I wish I could have done a short video of unboxing b/c I do not see alot of u310 unboxings on YT). And now that I just took everything out, I forgot to add that my parent included a notebook stand purchase, hehe. But yes I do have everything I ordered.

I will update this post when I make any notes or I may make my own thread for the u310.  Thanks!

Punch Card
azkyeh

Awesome! Hopefully thats a good sign for the rest of us
Paper Tape
taliosfalcon

Well, my 3rd ship date has now come and gone with no sign of my y580 shipping. sigh

Paper Tape
watty

My Y580 eventually shipped to the UK and has arrived.

The wait was annoying (though the second time they delayed delivery it was actually shipped ahead of the expected time).

Very pleased to have it now anyway, and very happy with the product in the end.

Punch Card
TXAgs18

Ordered the U410 Ultrabook on July 4th and was told it would ship out the 12th.  A few days ago I checked and it said it was "in production" and had been pushed back to the 13th.  I checked today (the 14th) and it still says "in production" and has the exact same ship date it did before.  

So, either it shipped on the 13th and they just haven't updated the page, or it got pushed back and they haven't updated the ship date.

Anyone had this issue and was it resolved rather quickly?  Problem is I need this computer by mid August for college.  I did not have any customizations on the laptop whatsoever.

Punch Card
TXAgs18

So, just got an email from Lenovo saying my order had been delayed and my new shipping date was moved to the 15th. So, that's the third shipping date so far they've given me.

I'm really starting to lose faith that this will be shipped quickly and on-time...
Punch Card
Kougar

So far, so good for my y570. I was told my computer would be shipped on October at first, and I was disappointed about that. So I contacted Ty_Lenovo who miraculously got my shipping date to a few days away. So it shipped on the 8th of July, and then on the 13th after I had my UPS tracking number (had to clear customs). Right now it shipped on Sathurday, so I won't have any news before Monday about where it is, but my scheduled delivery date is the 17th. Also, does anybody know if you have to be 21 for an adult signature even if you're in Canada? (since here you're an adult starting at age 18 and I'm 19) Also, what happens if the whole week nobody's home and they try to deliver? They'll put in it a storage? Thanks if anyone can help with that, and here's my UPS tracking:

Concord, ON, Canada07/14/20120:14Departure Scan
Concord, ON, Canada07/13/201223:03Origin Scan
Canada07/13/20127:53Carrier and Customs Released
China07/10/201212:30Departure
China07/09/201223:00Received into UPS possession
 07/09/201215:00Received into UPS possession
Canada07/12/201218:55Arrival
 07/13/201215:35Order Processed: Ready for UPS
Punch Card
TXAgs18

Kougar --

Glad to see that your laptop is finally in the mail. May I ask when you ordered it? I contacted TY_Lenovo yesterday asking if he could do anything about it. Hopefully I will hear some good news soon. I'm pretty sure if you're the one who ordered the laptop and are an adult (18) you will be able to sign.