Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
YesMan

Re: Ideapad U & Y & Z Series Shipping Discussion (2012)

I have a VISA Card, the problem is the adress. But they have Lenovo China, Lenovo Turkey, Lenovo India, why can't they ship thing to Lisbon? They have a Warranty Service Provider here.

And if Lenovo uses UPS, we have UPS Portugal here
What's DOS?
Murth

Buy one via Amazon?

Paper Tape
YesMan

[ Edited ]

And they can deliver the laptop on Lisbon (Portugal)?

Fanfold Paper
moriara

Having a VISA card is not the problem, if it is not issued in the US, you cannot use it. They cancelled my order even though I can use my VISA card in the US, I can buy things from Amazon, DealExtreme etc, if it is not from an American bank, you cannot use it.

Blue Screen Again
luuna10

This is exactly the script they follow on the phone. Notice, the rep. didn't say your notebook would ship that date, but that "the computer says" it will. In my experience, the ship dates given before you order, in the initial and subsquent emails and in conversations with CS reps are all completey arbitrary and often are in conflict with each other. No one in CS knows any more than you,. The basic pattern I observed is that they give you a ship date, and then when they fail to ship, they give you a date two days away. Instead of honoring the new date, they wait until the end of the day to inform you that it hasn't shipped. The CR people have no idea about why delays occur, although some will make something up. the only way to know if you have been told the truth in this case is to call back a few times and ask the same question to see if you get the same answer. If you press for an answer as to when this problem will be resolved, they either won't know the answer or will read back the ship date on their screen. If you ask them if they are sure the notebook will ship on the date they have given you, they will say yes, even though they know full well that the date is as likely as not to be completely arbitrary and every bit as wrong as the date another CS rep. assured you was also firm. But the good news is that have notes about every time you call. You need to call every day or so, press them for answers and at the end of a scheduled ship day, call them again. If you need to cancel soon, you need to give a deadline after which you will need to go to another company that is capable of shipping in a timely manner. It doesn't hurt to get angry, either. They will tell you that they are putting you on a priority list, but I suspect that this also has no meaning and is only a way to appease upset customers. Most of all, insist that the CS person you are dealing with contact those on the supply end and get you an explanation as to why you notebook has been delayed and an exact date that it will ship.
Fanfold Paper
moriara

Order status page still shows July 30th and "in production"... When I told the rep that my order has been constantly getting postponed and asked when I will get to enter the priority list, I was told that no such thing as a priority list exists. Everything is totally arbitrary, the dates, the answers. Only the excuse is not, it's always "high volume of orders". Cancelling if it postpones again, and never buying anything directly from Lenovo again.

Paper Tape
ceframe

Telling them you plan to cancel it will get you a response about how "It may ship before the cancellation request will go through and cancellation requests typically take 2-5 business days to process." and if you have an experience similar to mine, within a couple days it will mysteriously go from "in production" to "Order shipped." 

What's DOS?
MoldyBrick

[ Edited ]

Hey guys, so I ordered a Y580 on the 22nd of July. The ship date got moved back but then I got an email saying it shipped this morning. The only problem is 3 minutes later I got a message that said that the order is delayed. Does anyone know what this means? I would have thought that after it had been shipped it would be on its way barring any customs problems.

EDIT: Never mind, it looks like the delay email just came late (how ironic) after it shipped. It looks like the laptop is indeed making its way here.

Punch Card
Equinocs

Ordered a Y580 on the 18th of July, shipped on the 2nd, and received on the 10th. I ordered a mouse with it but that's no estimated till the 20th of August. =/

So far no problems with it what so ever.
Punch Card
xMooza

Did your tracking number work at all in the process?