Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
dforge715

Re: Ideapad U & Y & Z Series Shipping Discussion (2012)

From my earlier posts, I placed my Y470/i7 order with the USA call center on 1/20 after the offshore run arounds. Only difference was 5400 rpm HD. It shipped on 1/23, delivered yesterday 1/26. So I have to give kudos to the North Carolina folks, good job!! So far it's running like a dream.

Paper Tape
BlackandBlue

How did you get in contact with the USA call center?!?!?!?  I have called 3 times at different times of the day and get the offshores run around every time!

What's DOS?
mokflurry

Re: Ideapad U & Y Series Shipping Discussion (2011).

Experiencing similar issues with everybody else here..

- Placed an order for a Y570 last week with an estimated 4 weeks shipping date

- Talked to someone on live chat, they said the shipping date was being pushed until May though I only found out after taking the initiative to contact them after seeing this thread.

- They assured me that I would "most likely" receive it before then but did not give a specific timeline.

- Essentially told me there was nothing I could do because the order was in production and that's all the information they had.

-A little annoyed and tempted to cancel as I"m sure I can find a better deal on a laptop in 2 months time

Punch Card
derekcentrico

As per my last comment where I had a "CONFIRMED" ship date of January 27th, it has passed with a failure AGAIN.

Now, I have a "CONFIRMED" ship date of February 5th.

I was told there are items in stock and they cannot see why they are not shipping out.  Apparently, the Chinese operate a lot differently than the Western world with customer fulfillment while the Chinese go ape-**bleep** to get ensure large Corporate fulfillment occurs.

One thing is for sure, the American call center staff are very embarrassed about the matter and always try to send in inquiries to determine why things are still sluggish.  The Indians just say "we are sorry sir but we cannot do anything more than tell you it will not ship before the estimated ship date that you can see online."

What's DOS?
mokflurry

At least you have a ship date, mine is still in process! :smileysad:

Punch Card
derekcentrico

You misunderstand. My online order is "in process." The agents look into "another system" and are saying I have a confirmed shipdate. This is the third time I have had a confirmed shipdate. It keeps changing.
What's DOS?
mokflurry

I guess we're in the same boat then. I don't even have the option to see when my shipping date is...   I'm just relying on the lenovo support rep's word of "soon"  or "end of the week"

Punch Card
derekcentrico

Just got an update from one of the Americans trying to help resolve this delayed process.

She states:  "I got a response from the inquiry I sent through for you yesterday. They did inform me that the manufacturing plants were shutdown for the Chinese New Year holiday so basically that made the process a little bit longer. They are aware that the esd keeps changing and basically within the next week i will be able to get further updates if the order doesn't ship out. "

I figured the Chinese New Year week off had something to do with all of this.  All the equipment is in stock, hard-drives and all, but no workers are at the plants to package and ship the things.

Anyone want to bet it's resolved when operations resume next week?

Paper Tape
slowrider

Per my earlier post: Ordered 1/8 and ship date moved to 3/16. Went to Lenovo Outlet, found & ordered a comparable unit on 1/25. Cancelled my orig order same day. Cancellation is confirmed on my orig order and new order is already on the UPS truck out of N Carolina. Give it some thought. BTW, I used Google Payment and they confirmed my order was cancelled as follows: "Unfortunately, we had to cancel your order (details below), as the item(s) you requested is/are not currently available."

Fanfold Paper
TYPO

ordered a refurb y570 on 1/24 from the lenovo outlet paid $40 for next business day delivery and still dont have a tracking number.