12-21-2009 09:00 AM
I got my U350 Win 7 upgrade discs yesterday and I've performed a clean install. I've installed the easy camera application from Lenovo support site and it works well.
After I installed the Lenovo Energy Management software, all the Fn buttons are also working and they are showing the little graphic image on the screen (like volume up/down, camera on/ff etc).
Any idea, why the ReadyComm software used?
The only drivers I've installed from the Win 7 upgrade disc 2 are,
1. Ethernet driver
2. Chipset driver (even though I guess it is not required, as my screen resolution was perfect with out it)
3. Sound driver (sound card was working but to get the Dolby and Smart Audio applications, I've installed it)
4. Energy Management
5. Camera software (i inturrepted the driver installation in between, but before that as well Win 7 recognized my camera and the driver is from Microsoft and not from Lenovo)
I'm not sure if I need to install any other drivers.
So far, so good with my U350 + Win 7. No problems detected.
I read on some other forum that people are having issues with Sleep and Wakeup.
I tried to put my laptop to sleep by closing the lid and after a little while I tried to wake it up, but it was not coming so I had to do a hard restart.
Afterthat I've changed the settings under "Power Options:" in control panel on what to do when the lid closed, what to do when the sleep or power button pressed, and it was good till then.
If i put it to sleep, it wakes up quickly when I want it.
Guys, if you have any questions or have any comments please let me know.
12-21-2009 09:04 AM
1. I've also installed the Synaptics Touchpad (mouse) driver. But the multi touch feature is not working. It worked earlier on Win Vista.
Any of you have the same problem?
2. When I installed the Intel matrix storage monitor driver (I'm not sure what is the need of this?), when the system restarted the Harddisk was making very loud noice when the Windows Login screen appeared. (I guess that is when the application actually loads (at the login screen) and is causing that sound).
I was scared of damazing the hard disk and I've uninstalled that driver and the sound is gone. now it runs nice and smooth.
Do we need to install this driver at all? Whats the use? Anybody else has the same problems?
3. Also, what is the use of ReadyComm software?
12-27-2009 07:22 PM
Download the latest drivers and go into the drivers and turn on multitouch. By default it's turned off.
12-28-2009 07:35 AM
Thanks for the link. I've downloaded the 64 bit drivers and installed. However, there is no option to enable the multi touch feature, but there are other options that are for multi touch such as three finger tapping, three finger flicks etc.
I like the zone tap feature of this device. It's cool.