Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
asdfvtN

Ideapad Y460 Wont boot up/RMA Shipping

So, I've received my laptop after two weeks, used it for about and hour or so, run the battery out, then plug it in and start charging it while using it. About half an hour later, it shuts down on me by itself, it was running pretty warm/hot so I thought it must've just been too warm. I let it sit for a bit, attempt to boot it back up, no response. Try again, nothing, no lights, no sounds, no anything. Of course at this point I'm already like, what the... I try taking out battery power button 10 times  and everything, no avail.

I call technical support and they suggest I get a return/exchange.

So this man says it'll take 1-3 weeks to process and everything after receiving my RMA/exchange thing which also takes 2 business days. Then I have to get it back to them, so that'll take some time too. 

I start school in 2 weeks. It's part of the reason why I bought this laptop, not knowing I would get something like this.

Do they cover the cost of shipping? Also, is there anyway I could get them to use some faster shipping? (I'm in Canada)

Token Ring
celal

Re: Ideapad Y460 Wont boot up/RMA Shipping

[ Edited ]

They pay for the shipping but it's UPS ground shipping, which is 5-7 days. I don't know if you could get a faster shipping. They didn't ask me if I preferred any other shipping method than  UPS ground.

Another option for you: If you're sure you haven't done anything to your laptop and it came bad, don't do exchange, do a return for full refund. If the problem is not your fault, they do a full refund if you do an RMA within 21 days after your invoice. They process the refund in about 10 days after they receive the laptop (what Lenovo says). In the mean time you can buy any laptop you want while waiting for the refund :smileyhappy: Try to do everything by the book, they may decline the refund after the quality check if you've done something wrong(Opening parts of the Laptop you're not supposed to touch, dropping, liquid spill,etc). Beware.

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 410
Kudos: 1,311
Solutions: 283

asdfvtN,

Sorry to hear you had an early failure - I appreciate the time crunch you are in.

I've requested a colleague get in touch with you and see what can be done to help expedite this.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Punch Card
vanessa

Hi asdfvtN,

Please send me a private message with your Order # and Technical support Case #

I'm happy to see what I can do from this end.

Vanessa