Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
kaushikam
Accepted Solution

Ideapad Y550 Keyboard issue

I have bought an Ideapad Y550 laptop two years ago. Its warranty is expired. Now the issue I am facing (which is very annoying) is:

1. Sometimes my up arrow key automatically starts working and sometimes down arrow works like that. Nowadays only down arrow works like that. Then automatically the page I am viewing will scroll either in upward/downward direction.

2. function (Fn) key stopped working. Delete key is not working. 

Should I have to replace the keyboard ? I have seen a question(forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-V-and-Z-series/Y550-Keyboard/td-p/222927) in this forum and in that one guy named mamin123 said his keyoard issue (which is same as mine) is not fixed after replacing the keyboard.

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Ideapad Y550 Keyboard issue

hey kaushikam,

replacing your keyboard may help, for this I would recommend that you give a call to our support guys via

http://bit.ly/LNVsuppNum

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Blue Screen Again
cloudforestman

ive had the same crazy keyboard problem for some time/ the cursor also doesn't respond at times.   From what ive read on this forum, replacing the keyboard may not solve the problem.  HAS ANYONE TRIED INSTALLING AN EXTERNAL KEYBOARD to see if it really is a keyboard problem?  It seems to be a bad connection and it-s a pity Lenovo will not admit that they produced a lemon of a computer.  For this reason, i do not plan to ever buy another Lenovo.  IF lenovo was a responsible company, it would own up to its mechanical problem and offer sound solutions, even replacing the computers with the problems.  It's a hell of a way to do business.

802.11n
velenoso666

This is the most probable cause of the keyboards erratic behaviour LINK

Blue Screen Again
kaushikam

This kind of problem happens when your keyboard is faulty. It can happen because dust also. Replacing the keyboard is the solution. I have been using external USB keyboard for a long time.