Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
aznfun69

Ideapad Y550 built-in camera does not work with Windows 7

Hi,

I fresh installed Windows 7 on my Lenovo Y550 and everything seems to work except the built-in camera.  I installed the latest driver from the Lenovo website and still no luck.  The device manager doesn't seem to list any unknown devices or even list the camera at all.  Any help is appreciated.

What's DOS?
rsnak

Re: Ideapad Y550 built-in camera does not work with Windows 7

same here! after i installed window 7 the built in camera does not work and when it works, its upside and the settings cannot be changed. Also my Fn + Keys on the keyboard, one button recovery does not work also.

anyone help?

thanks

What's DOS?
ceichorn

My camera quit working while in Vista.  I recently installed Windows 7 and it still will not work.  Tried downloading the driver from Lenovo, won't install, says incorrect device.  I have no idea what model camera is in here, there are a couple options in the driver directory.  Also have some unknown devices I am trying to get fixed as well.

Any suggestions?

Paper Tape
kilami09

hello,

I had a similar issue after doing clean install of win 7 ultimate.. here is wat u need to do..

1. Fn + Esc to turn off the camera

2. go to http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/en/

3. select "Notebook" and under product choose "Y530" (I know u have y550 but by selecting this model, you will be able to download the "Easy Capture" software that came with ur laptop..

4. download and install the program, then restart the computer

5. now press Fn + Esc to trun on the camera

6. Run the Easy Camera program (win 7 will give you compatibility pop-up, just click run program to continue)

7. go to settngs and select the Easy Camera.

Note: These steps are assuming you have already installed the drivers for your camera..

good luck..

AA