Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
capital

Re: Ideapad Y550P External VGA monitor flashes

I saw the Bios Version somewhere -it crossed my mind then but i forgot where i saw it.

System Bios Version : LENOVO - 1 InsydeH2O Version 1ECN30WW(V5.04)

System Bios Date: 01/14/10

Video Bios Date: 07/30/09

Video Bios Version:

Version 70.16.1C.00.21
Version 70.16.1C.00.21
Version 70.16.1C.00.21

ྦ〟〟鎳뎓繰湸苭苭焭煥ﵻ��臜臜숳숲㫄᫃ᑄᑄꚯ뺯緝緝ྦྦ〟〗댳绰籴苭苭焭猭

i dont know what that mambo jambo things are but i copied and pasted all that from the registry

So any ideas / thoughts

Community Moderator
yigit

[ Edited ]

try to flash bios update ( 1ecn33ww(v5.07) )

http://www.ki-themes.com
Blue Screen Again
capital

Flashed bios as instructed. Rebooted fine but screen (external VGA) still flashes

-What about Video card bios. Is any update to that ?

Community Moderator
yigit

tried hdmi?

you may just need to update video cards drivers which there's no update right now.

http://www.ki-themes.com
What's DOS?
jayklen

I know this is an old thread, but I have had the same problem and finally got it all working. Hopefully this will help anyone else out who searches for this issue.

My laptop is a Lenovo T420. I have it plugged in to a docking station.

It has been running without an issue on 2 monitors for over a year (using 2 display ports, digital input).

When I plugged in a 3rd monitor using the VGA plug (D-SUB, analog input) my primary display port monitor kept flickering. The flickers would last for up to 2 seconds but usually the image comes back after a second. The flickers would get worse if I was using the monitor (moving windows around, maximising etc...). The actual plus is not the problem, it is definately linked to a software issue. The problem ONLY happens when activity is occurring on the screen. I could leave the computer untouched and wiggles wires/cables etc.. and no issues would happen. Then as soon as I move the mouse on the problematic screen, the screen would flicker.

The digital graphics adapter is Nvidia.

The built-in adapter is Intel HD Graphics.

The two displayport monitors would use Nvidia and the VGA would use the Intel adapter.

Anyway, what I did was:

- Update  both Intel and Nvidia drivers

- Update BIOS

- In Intel Graphics properties I set it to 'maximize performance' when plugged in.

- In the BIOS I changed to 'Discrete Graphix adapter' under display properties

- Open Nvidia Control Panel

- Go to both the displayport monitors and change to 75Hz refresh rate

All the above didnt work for me, but when I made the below changes, it worked. NOTE: You _may_ need to also do the above changes, I dont know whether it is a combination of a few settings, or just the ones below:.

- Open Nvidia Control Panel

- Go to Manage 3D Settings and select "High-performance NVIDIA processor" under 'Preferred graphics processor".

This worked for me :smileyhappy: Good luck!