Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
anyok6

Ideapad Y550P - Web Cam Issues

Hello, I actually registered to the community to ask this question.

(Before I get flamed for not searching, I did hours of research to try and solve my issue and have been unsuccessful)

I have a Lenovo Ideapad Y550P that is about a year old now and somewhat recently realized I was having issues with my webcam.

When I first bought the PC, the webcam worked perfectly well and I had no issues.

I feel like problem PROBABLY started when I uninstalled the VeriFace Logon, because even with it disabled it was still really annoying and slowed down my login.

I don't recall having attempted to use my camera after that until just recently.

Either way, I have attempted uninstalling and reinstalling the EasyCam drivers, reinstalling VeriFace (in case that was the issue), testing my webcam (which is recognized by Windows and the light turns on when I open up Easy Cam software/Skype but I just get a black picture), and I have tried fn+esc (which shows the camera on/off when toggled but makes no difference, it is still black).

I do not know what else to try and nothing has worked for me. It is obvious that other people have similar/same issues when they mess with the factory image software and go to reinstall the device drivers for this camera. If anyone has any suggestions, I would be very grateful.

Thanks a lot,

Anyok6

Blue Screen Again
igividen

Re: Ideapad Y550P - Web Cam Issues

[ Edited ]

LOL.  It's been nearly a year and no one has replied to your question!

I have had the same issue for months now and I have yet to find a solution.

Blue Screen Again
anyok6

Re: Ideapad Y550P - Web Cam Issues

Still having an issue with this.

Does anyone have any idea or solutions?

I have tried nearly EVERYTHING.

Please, read my entire post before telling me solutions.