Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
pacatong

Re: Ideapad Y560 Battery Not Working

Hello All,

First of all, thanks for all the message about this issue.  I bought the Y560 about a year and half ago.  Recently I have so many problems with the AC charger &/or the battery.  The battery only charged with the plug in certain angle.  That lasted for about a week.  Now the charger just stops charging doesn't matter what angle I turn the plug.  And, because the battery is no longer being charged, I can not even boot up the system.  I ordered a new AC charger, original equipment.  But the new AC charger does not work also.  Is it a battery porblem or the female connector on the motherboard?  Can anyone shed some light for me?  Thanks in advance.     

Community Moderator
Zehnsteine

Hi Pacatong,

could your issue be similar to the one in this thread?

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-and-Z-series/Ideapad-Z360-charging-issues/m-p/594151

Zehn

Blue Screen Again
pacatong

Hi Zehn:

Thanks for the reply.  It certainly sounds like it.  I am preparing my income tax return right now and don't have time to work on it yet.  Keep you posted.  

Pacatong

Fanfold Paper
MightyQuinn84

I am having a similar problem, but It was not fixed by these methods.  First, the problem outline:

I am running a y560 with windows 7 x64.

My y560 will not boot with the battery in but no AC power.  The fan spins up, the quick key indicator lights (the dots) light up, but the read/write from disc indicator never comes on. After 10-15 seconds the fan speeds up, and then everything shuts down.

When plugged into AC, the computer boots fine.  The OS recognizes the battery and it charges.  However, if I unplug the AC adapter, the computer freezes up, the fan runs at full speed and everything shuts down again.

The y560 boots and runs fine with no battery plugged in at all.

I have done the following and the problem still persists.

1) remove battery/hold power button/etc.

2) updated BIOS

3) got a new battery

Does this mean there is a problem with the MoBo?

What's DOS?
peculiar77

[ Edited ]

Hi ,

I am also having the same problem as chirag1234. there is the message below regarding my laptop battery but the battery status is showing good at Energy Management.

battery low.jpg

Do I need to replace the battery?

OR are  there something wrong with my laptop that need to be look at?

Tahnks,

Paper Tape
settler

Hello to all,

I have a Lenovo y560 laptop and I'm experiencing some issues with the battery. To be more precise, all of a sudden the laptop does not detect the battery anymore. The icon in the bottom right corners says no battery is detected and shows the x on the battery icon. The led in the front which lights up when the battery is inserted is not showing anything.

I tried various things shutting down without the battery and starting without and pressing the start button for 30 seconds with the laptop off and no power. Nothing worked. I don't have the tools to test the battery voltage.

The laptop has about 3 years and has been used daily for at least one 30 minutes. I made a habit to disconnect the battery when I was running on AC and the battery was still performing well providing about 90 minutes of autonomy.

Does anyone have any piece of advice?

Thanks!