Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
seeker_moc

Re: Ideapad Y560 is a piece of garbage

The link to Win 7 HP x64 is:

http://msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net/msvista/pub/X15-65733/X15-65733.iso

However, I'm having the same problems as you, and a fresh install didn't change anything.  I did a fresh install, installed all the newest drivers and BIOS and I still have the grainy picture problem, and I even had the 'huge mouse cursor' glitch happen as well.  I sent mine back for a warranty repair, but I'm doubtful they'll fix it.  The technician at the warranty center apparantly can't 'replicate the problem'.  What a bunch of BS.  If it comes back without being fixed I'm going to send it straight back to Lenovo.

I also wish someone from Lenovo would finally comment on our problems.  The top 3 threads in the "IdeaPAd Y, U, B, and Z series Laptops" section are all about these screen problems.  It's about time that someone official told us if we were unlucky and got bad but replaceable LCD's, or if they just used ultra-cheap parts in an expensive laptop and are ripping us all off.

Token Ring
pepemosca

I'd also love some official Lenovo statement about these LCD panels.

thanks for the tip on the windows install, gave up last friday and traded in my Y560 for a new one, and thanks to the folks at Fry's for overlooking the fact that I had passed their 15 day return policy. Unfortunately, Saturday and Sunday brought more of the same, and before I wasted any more time on it, I took it back to Fry's and traded it for a Y550p (i7-Q720, Geforce 240GT 1GB, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD), which has a different motherboard, bios, and Nvidia graphics instead of ATI (YES!)- two USB ports instead of 3 but I'll consider that an even trade for the built-in bluetooth and will even give the lack of JBL speakers a pass because this thing's got 2.1 Dolby Audio instead. I wish I'd found this one first, not as nice looking as the Y560, but as long as it actually works, I don't care. Final words of warning on the issue: if you're looking at buying a Y560, DON'T. No matter what kind of deal you may be getting on it, it's not worth it. If you already have one, GET RID OF IT, it will cause you nothing but heartache.

Token Ring
pepemosca

semperfriend76, you are right...

it will cause you nothing but heartache.

But here in Argentina... I lost my posibility to return my Y560.

So, I'll have to live with it. :smileysad:

I'm still waiting for mine to get back from the shop.  If they won't fix the screen, I'm sending it straight back to Lenovo.  I'd advise anybody on this forum to aviod buying the Y560 until we find out if they will fix it or not.

Paper Tape
igroki

Hmmm, I'm planed this week to buy y560 wih i7, now after reading this I'm thinking to buy y550p with i7 and video 240GT.

How hot is y560 when working?

How long work battery?

Token Ring
pepemosca

With the new BIOS update the temperature is very good.

There are some reviews with the temperature, like:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://retera.ru/reviews/lenovo-ideapad-y560-3b.html&ei=FJogTKvqHMTflgeq5s3UAQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CDAQ7gEwBQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3DCMO1590%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DoLh%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:unofficial

Also, about the battery life in my test... 2 hours with a regular usage (not gaming).

this link is about y560 with i3 procesor , I'm interested in i7 or i5 :smileysad:

Token Ring
pepemosca

[ Edited ]

Sorry... I don't have a thermometer to get the correct and exact temperature value of my Y560 with the i7.

I can only send you this temperature charts:

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3755/temperatura.png

Note from Moderator:  Image(s) >50k converted to link(s).

Here is a link to some temp info after playing more than an hour of Battlefield Bad Company™ 2

http://yfrog.com/htbbc2p