Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
levt

Re: Lenovo Y570 sound stuttering when WiFi is enabled

For me removal of McAfee resoled all audio stuttering problems.

It's neither BIOS nor WiFi but McAfee problem.

WOW

Fanfold Paper
Liquidsnake

Yeah, it seems that was the cause.. so I'd definitely recommend removing McAfee first for everyone that has this problem, and not putting it in the first place for Lenovo :smileyhappy:

Punch Card
Yanm

I have yet to try getting rid of McAfee, but even if I wanted to, I can't get another Anti-Virus immediately, so I'll have to wait it seems D:.

802.11n
pagroundhog

[ Edited ]

Hello,

You can get another antivirus program immediately by downloading a free version. Don't be fooled; many of them are excellent. I personally ditched McAfee and downloaded Avast Free. It is lightweight on resources and works like a top (IMHO).

Good luck!

DMX
What's DOS?
DMX

Re: Ideapad y470/y570 audio stuttering

ANOTHER SOLUTION!!!

For some, McAfee uninstallation worked fine, but for me not.

What worked for me was uninstalling Realtek drivers and let Windows install his preferred drivers (these are also Realtek drivers, but drivers only, without the additional, completely useless software you can see usually in your tray).

And this works fine in my case, no noise in my speakers :smileywink: !!

PS: Now we just have to find out how to use SRS audio system (Normal, Music, Movie - which actually does great job) withous Realtek software, just where to control it ?

-All drivers given with laptop

-Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64

-Lenovo Y470

Paper Tape
Morri

[ Edited ]

Same problem, same solution. Had some low-frequency noise when use headphones, but when I uninstalled Realtek drivers noise just gone. Still need a solution how to use SRS.

And red light from headphones plug keeps me worried that something is wrong.

Punch Card
geo_lion03

yes same problem , uninstalling the driver seams to resolve the sound noise issue .. but the speaker out put had a red light indicating that some driver is not installed proper .. very sad that the lenovo doesn t do nothing about this issure i have y570 , i love the laptop but i don t understand why this problem can t be solved since so much people have it!!!

802.11n
Sfairat

Hm, I've recently found this (http://leshcat.blogspot.com/2010/12/realtek-hd-audio-driver-static-noise.html) topic, in which exactly the same issue is described, and, what's interesting, this bug also was present on y560 series laptops. So, it seems that the problem is actually in PC Beep function, which is invisible in newer versions of drivers, but enabled by default. I haven't tried a solution given there yet, I hope it'll work. In my opinion, the best solution for this problem, if the cause of it is actually PC beep, would be to put this option back to sound options in the official drivers.
Punch Card
geo_lion03

yes i have read about that solution but for me didn t work ... :smileysad: i don t know why . and what i did also is to disable pc beep from my laptop , but also didn t work , the issue seams to be related on my case on the wi fi , when wi fi start to have activity the noise become more and more harder and when is not the noise is more rare , again what is strange that uninstalling the official realteck drivers seams and let windows install the driver , then the noise are gone but no srs and other option for sound and a red light is coming from jack output . thats why i belive that is a driver issue or the realteck drivers don t like the intel wi fi drivers , i don t have a clue...
Fanfold Paper
Salr

Betreff: Ideapad y470/y570 audio stuttering

I have an Ideapad U460 and I have tried updating the chipset, audio and video drivers, still have stuttering. This is a problem across the board to thousands of Lenovo IdeaPads and it should have taken cared of a long time ago with some type of update or patch, but evreytime I call Lenovo, they want to charge me for support. I'm having a bad expericence with Lenovo's customer support. If this happened to a series of Apple or Dell laptops, these companies would have taken care of it right away. I don't understand what is going on with Lenovo!