Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
akhilesh_vvs
Accepted Solution

Installing New OS in Z580

hi this is my first laptop Z580 ,i was supplied with WINDOWS 7 HOME BASIC by default , i want to upgrade to windows 7 ultimate  which i will buy from a local dealer and also install UBUNTU as a dual boot ,now my doubt is

1. will i void my warranty is i upgrade or install windows 7 ultimate over the given one

2. will i void my warranty if i install ubuntu as a dual boot os (secondary os)

3. I also wanna know if my Z580 is has international warranty coverage too , i brought this lappy in india and i may go to USA next year ( i'm a student and i've applied for a lenovocampusoffer for extended 3 year warranty)

Thank you in advance 

Bit Torrent
ishaan

Re: Installing New OS in Z580

<p>installing a new operating system wont void the warranty .also i would reccomend you to not resize your partition as the one key recovery eill not work. z580 does has a global warranty.<p><br><p>ps:r u a fan of vs too

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Blue Screen Again
akhilesh_vvs

[ Edited ]

THANK YOU FOR YOUR QUICK REPLY ,YES I LIKE LENOVO :smileyhappy:

But my c drive is 420GB :smileysad: IF I DONT PARTION IT how can i install ubuntu

Bit Torrent
ishaan

30gb is ok for ubuntu but if you want to resize yor partition, then refer to the first highlighted thread of the this knowledgebase
also if you want windows7 ultimate then upgrade your current windows using the product key via windows anytime upgrade
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Bit Torrent
ishaan

sorry but recently i got to know that you will have to buy international warranty for buying please contact lenovo customer care in india
Paper Tape
rajanv

Yes. I was told warranty will be void on Z580 with the Nvidia 635M Optimus as they say that they use special windows 8 software to manage the fans and the heat. I successfully installed Ubuntu with Optimus and brought down temperatures and CPU cycles drastically with bumblebee. May be they will still void the warranty, but it is an apt case for consumer courts if refused service. I moved over to Lenovo because HP refused to give me service with Ubuntu installed on it.