Support in other languages: 
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 407
Kudos: 1,278
Solutions: 275

Re: Intel Sandy Bridge Chipset - Bulletin - Affected IdeaPad Models

Shinedown,

We plan to post an update on the support site on the 23rd, and as part of that update, I expect we will set a date when you can call.  I would not call support now.

Phoantunes,

Please see my explaination above - ports 0 and 1 are used for HDD and are not affected. 2-5 are used for e-sata or optical.

We are accepting returns for refund at point of purchase through April 8th so you have some time.  Will know more by the 23rd, but we might be able to get your system repaired before the trip.  If you can, I'd hang out until Feb 23rd, and see if there will be time to get this repaired before your trip.  Worst case, you can still return it.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Paper Tape
Lenovoliedtome

its already the 23rd feb and still no updates???

Blue Screen Again
DeathByTalkShow

I'm sure Mark and the people at Lenovo are working fast. It's frustrating to wait, I know, but that's all we really can do.

I took out almost all the extra software that came from Lenovo, I don't think I registered this laptop with them. Will that be an issue? I bought the Y560P on the 20th of January at Fry's. I've already had 2 BSOD's since I've had it, not sure if that has anything to do with the Chipset flaw. Either way I'm patiently waiting, refreshing that announcement page every time I remember.

Fanfold Paper
pelissarim

No news yet, But from what i keep heaing, Lenovo laptops in the recent Y series keep crashing and blue screening and no one know why nor has Lenovo said anything.

Punch Card
zeusaroo

I have never experienced the computer crashing or blue screening.  I, like everyone else here am waiting to hear about the recall.

Fanfold Paper
Y560p-CougarP

I was probably one of the last people to buy an affected Y560p. these had been recalled for weeks, but Newegg had it listed, with no indication of the problem. Once my payment cleared on Feb21, they shipped me the laptop and closed the item listing on their website. I got it last night. It was blazing fast, and beautiful. This morning it "couldn't find the OS". When it did boot, it ran ultra slow, then crashed. Several more boots and with varying degrees of errors (can't find OS, boot then crash, BSOD, etc), I researched the problem, only to find the recall. 

I know I'm late to the game, and haven't been waiting as long as some of the others here for "more information on Feb 23rd" - but I would appreciate some information. Because right now, I have an expensive brick. 

Blue Screen Again
DeathByTalkShow

Not that I'm glad that I'm not that only one with Blue Screen of Death experience, but if there's a few then it may suggest that there are more out there with the same problem.

I love this laptop already considering the things I've seen happen, and the JBL speakers are a dream. But I also need it for work. I have an old PowerBook G4 as a backup, slow as heck for internet browsing but I could get some writing done. :smileyindifferent:

Punch Card
zeusaroo

I contacted Comp USA where I bought it and they said I could bring it back and exchange it for something comparable.  I haven't seen anything comparable for the same price and like processor.   I added 4 more gig of ram up to 8 and would really like to keep it. Not too crazy about sending it off to Lenovo.....who knows what shape it will come back to me in. Maybe i'll wait to see how the recall thing goes.

Fanfold Paper
Y560p-CougarP

I'm with zuesaroo, I haven't seen anything comparable at this price. Therefore, a refund isn't my first choice. My hope is that the recall goes like this:

1 - We select a local repair shop, and notify Lenovo of our choice. 

2 - Lenovo send the new mother boards (from Intel) to the shop.

3 - We bring our laptops to these stores for a quick hour or 3 turnaround.

4 - The local shop bills intel for the labor 

5 - We customers are happy with our new (stable) laptops 

:-)

Worse case recall - we have to send our laptops to some central location for a mass rework. Process takes weeks, and us customers are ....angry. 

I hope they do this the right way - and they can start by announcing the recall details. 

Blue Screen Again
DeathByTalkShow

Weeks?! Yep, that would definitely be unacceptable :smileyindifferent: ... :smileymad: