Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
4rch13ch01

Re: Intel Sandy Bridge Chipset - Bulletin - Affected IdeaPad Models

Mr. Hopkins:

As per your request, I have sent to you promptly 2 emails with the S/N of the Y560p but haven't heard from you since . Kindly please instruct the next step I should do to have this issue resolved. Many thanks.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

4rch13ch01

Blue Screen Again
saikatsg

Hello Mark_Lenovo,

I have recently bought a Lenovo G570 laptop. Now could you please confirm me if it comes under the affected faulty intel (C series 200 HM65 B2 stepping) chipset. I am bit worried  and not sure if I will need a replacement/repairing. The Mfg date is 11/03/20 (as mentioned at the back).

Let me know if you need any other details, as per the Gigabyte (http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/utility.aspx) 6 Series SATA Check chipset utility it's a faulty one :-(

Thanks,

Saikat

Blue Screen Again
saikatsg

Just to mention few things, i have called up the lenovo support guys but they were unaware of tgis issue and suggested me to contact the forums. Mine is G570-i5 2410m laptop as mentioned earlier. Thanks!
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,323
Solutions: 285

All,

Unless you system was manufactured on or before Feb 3, 2011, it is NOT affected by this issue.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Serial Port
4rch13ch01

Mark:

As per your request, I have sent to you promptly 2 emails, or I should say 4 emails now including this one, with the S/N of the Y560p but haven't heard from you since . Kindly please instruct the next step I should do to have this issue resolved. Many thanks.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

4rch13ch01

What's DOS?
mgrenkov1

Hi, quick question, I just ordered Y570, i7 model, it is not affected by it, right?

Mark_Lenovo

mgrenkov1,

Right, not affected.

Please see my last post 2 messages up...

No worries! :smileyhappy:

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Mark_Lenovo

4rch13ch01,

Apologies for the delay - will check my PM box (it's full) and get back to you later today! 

Thanks for your patience - sorry to leave you hanging.

Mark

Mark Hopkins
www.facebook.com/lenovo

Serial Port
4rch13ch01

Mark:

Thx for writing back. Looking forward to seeing your ulterior solutions. Thx again.

4rch13ch01 

Paper Tape
abhishekbaligir

Re: Processor Concern - Intel finds Sandy Bridge chipset design flaw

Hi Mark,

I am Abhishek from Pune India. I have recently purchased IdeaPad Z570 laptop. And while going through this forum I came across one of your post which says that Z570 is also affected with Intel's 6 series SATA issue. How can I confirm that whether my system is shipped with affected chipset or not. I am asking this because I am facing low Data transfer rate while copying any large data to my HDD or vice a versa.

Please help me regarding this.

Thanks in advance,

Abhishek