Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
al7
What's DOS?
al7

Re: Processor Concern - Intel finds Sandy Bridge chipset design flaw

@Mark_lenovo:

Last week I ordered the same laptop as @quocminhbvi. The same way as @quocminhbvi, I don't know if this laptop is affected by this issue. However, the laptop has not been shipped (it's supposed to be shipped by 02/08/2011). I actually called last week to check how the order was going and they didn't say anything related to this issue (I just found out about it by reading this forum).

Is this laptop affected? If it is, can I just cancel the order to avoid this problem?

Thanks in advance

Punch Card
Pharcyder1406

Re: Processor Concern - Intel finds Sandy Bridge chipset design flaw

Are there any details on what the return/refund policy will be (timelines, dates ranges, etc)?

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Updates on Intel Sandy Bridge chipset bulletin

[ Edited ]

All,

Lenovo sales will contact all customers who purchased affected models direct from Lenovo via email shortly.   Customers who have already received an affected system may continue to use the system until the replacement boards become available - likely in late March, and we can begin the service program the change these out.    If you don't want to do this, you can return your system for refund.   The email will explain the return period and establish dates.

Emails are also going out to customers who had open orders.  Obviously these cannot be shipped now, and must be canceled.   Once the emails are finalized, I'll be able to post the details so please bear with me. 

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
bhafner1

Re: Updates on Intel Sandy Bridge chipset bulletin

Hi Mark,

What about those of us that purchased our affected systems at an online retailer such as Amazon?  Do we work directly with the retailer or will Lenovo be handling these returns/repairs?

Thanks,

--Bill

Paper Tape
jasonnz

Hi Mark,

Furthur to Bills Question, what if we brought online and had the system shipped say New Zealand where the ideapad range isnt supported?

Regards
Jason
Punch Card
j_r0dd

this is rather irritating. i can't be without a laptop to have this serviced i sold my hp after receiving my y560p. I hope we would have the option to exchange for a new device. this is not the consumers part and should not be inconvenienced anymore than we have to. just my 2 cents.

on a side note, does anybody know if this flaw degrades just the sata ports or does it actually degrade the device attached to those ports?

Punch Card
lenovosucks2011

lenovo doesn't believe in sending a new unit out. you will be forced to send yours to them to have the motherboard replaced, there is no other option with lenovo. how will the silicone on the controller degrade the device connected to the port? it will only degrade the controller, of coarse. however, as the controller degrades, it will cause errors in the data, and possibly damage the device and/or data, most likely just the data.

Paper Tape
alezusab

Hello, all laptops of the y560p model has been removed from market (includding amazon), does anybody knows when will it come back? 

Punch Card
lenovosucks2011

by the sound of it, not until early march at the earliest.

Paper Tape
alezusab

This is a real shame! One of the worst mistakes i've ever heard of, hope this to get fixed fast because I really want my lenovo :smileyfrustrated: