Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
bloodshot772
Accepted Solution

Intel Wifi Link 1000 bgn short range

Hello, I have already RMA'd my Ideapad Y560 2 times and still having an issue, they stated that the Wifi was tested and fully functional. Here is my problem.

I can ONLY get connected wirelessly to my router/modem when I am within the same room as the router. Once I leave the room, I immediately lose connection, or it shows as "Limited Access" and I cannot get internet even though the network is still discoverable with a range of 4 to 5 bars.

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium, I have also tried using GNOME linux boot cd, I have updated to the newest drivers, I have set wireless in energy management to maximum performance in all instances, I have unchecked the "disable wireless when power saving option" same outcome.

I have called my ISP and they couldn't help either.

If anyone can help me please let me know, I really hope I don't have to send it in for RMA a 3rd time :smileyfrustrated: Lenovo customer support is really great but these guys are making too many mistakes on the repair end.

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Intel Wifi Link 1000 bgn short range

http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-and-U-series-Laptops/Y560-Wifi-connection-breaks-randomly-check...

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Ctrl-Alt-Del
bloodshot772

Nope, just got back from RMA, I was right it WAS the antennas. Working just fine now, Thanks Lenovo!

What's DOS?
anotheretc

Hey,

I recently fixed this problem so I wanted to help you out. This isn't directly Lenovo's fault, it's Intel's. They made the two connectors on the wifi too loose and chances are that one of your connectors is off. You can either fix it on your own by removing the keyboard then placing it back on and soldering it for some extra hold, or you can get a new wifi card but you'll have to change CMOS settings to do so.