Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
apichetk

International warranty on Y460p/560p

Hi. I plan to buy either Y460p or Y560p in Bangkok, Thailand and either of the model comes with 1 year warranty. However, the Thai Lenovo service center told me that these two models are not covered if I were to bring it to Canada.This is because Canada doesn't have these two models on sale yet.

So, please can you verify whether if I bring either of the model to Canada and happen to have to use the service under the warranty, will I be able to do so in Canada? If so, under with or w/o condition?

Thank you very much. :smileyhappy:

XBrav
Topics: 16
Kudos: 78
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 34

Re: International warranty on Y460p/560p

I just checked, because I swore I bought my GF the Y560p, but I guess it's the Y560.

Lenovo has an international warranty service (IWS) to cover repairs when you are outside your nation. To be honest, I don't really have any literature on it, but if you are willing to call Lenovo back, mention these details. The IWS is designed for EXACTLY your situation.

But yes, I just checked the site, and confirmed we won't have the Y560p in Canada. The Y570 will be launching VERY soon however. You might want to wait a month or two and purchase this unit. I believe Lenovo is switching back to nVidia-based graphics.

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
What's DOS?
apichetk

Thanks a lot, Xbrav. So is it confirmed that both y460p and y560p will not be sold in Canada?

Would you mind sharing with me the spec of Y570? I don't think that the model will be available in Thailand. Lenovo TH just launched y560p not yet a month...

Cheers,

Retired Employee
JameZ

Hi apichetk,

I thought the Y560p has been removed due to the Sandy Bridge issue with the I/O ports. Also as checked in Thai Lenovo Shop website there is no Y560p listed there only the Y560 or Y550p.

Are you getting the Y560p from an official Lenovo shop?

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

What's DOS?
apichetk

Yes, Jamez. I believe the website team is a bit slow in updating the website. Y560p has been released during the Bangkok Com Mart just about last week. It's now available at some authorized dealers here.

Talking about the recall of Sandy Bridge, Y460p (released earlier this year) was recalled a few months ago and is now on sale with the 'new' Sandy Bridge.

Btw, are you telling me that Y460p and Y560p will be available in Canada soon? I don't think we gonna have Y470/570 in Thailand. If that's so, I won't be able to use the warranty service when I'm back to Thailand should I buy the 470/570 from Canada.

Cheers,