Support in other languages: 
Broadband 3G
countrywise
Accepted Solution

LENOVO EE BOOT OPTİMİZER

Hi all,

İn Device Manager i've searched everywhere,but so far i've been unable to find  the driver,

or rather the entry for Lenovo's EE Boot Optimizer.

Ditto for the entry of OKR.

i need to find the driver versions for both of them.

Thank you.

İDEA PAD Z570 W.7 HOME PREMİUMx64

Paper Tape
xsygnus

Re: LENOVO EE BOOT OPTİMİZER

All the drivers you need are on the website.. support drivers&downloads just input your machine and it will show you all your drivers
Broadband 3G
countrywise

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the  reply,

however that is NOT what i asked.

İ know where to find the drivers on the website of course,

it's where the Driver for the Boot Optimizer,in the DEVİCE MANAGER

can be found is what i asked.

Thanks.

topmahof
Topics: 36
Kudos: 337
Solutions: 227

Hi countrywise,

In Control Panel, look under Programs and Features.

Hardware is listed in device manager, programs would be under programs and features. You'll be able to see the "versions" of the programs there.

Dave

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
Broadband 3G
countrywise

[ Edited ]

Thanks  for the reply Dave.

Yes under installed programs,i can find and see the versions for each,

however in Device Manager i have looked everywhere,but simply don't see them.

Or are you saying that they are NOT listed there?

İ have plenty of experience with W.XP

however still very new to W.7

Thanks.

topmahof

Hi countrywise,

They aren't listed in Device Manager because only hardware is listed in Device Manager. Hardware has drivers.

Those two items are programs and they won't have a driver, they will have different versions of the program.

Go to the link mentioned above and you can compare your versions to the versions on the support page.

Keep in mind that if you install a later version of OKR and you have a backup from an earlier version of OKR, that backup won't work with the later version.  You'll have to do a new backup.

Another thing, before you update a program or driver, set a restore point in Windows so it's easy to go back to the previous versions just in case later versions don't work so well.  

I was never one to update things just because there's an update available.  If my machines are working fine, then I'm happy.

If I have a problem with something, then I look to see if there's a later version that fixes the problem that I'm having, but that's the only reason I do updates.

Stay away from the Windows optional updates.  Windows will come up with the newest versions of drivers but they might not work correctly with your computer.  

If you have a problem with a program or hardware, seek out the pertinent thread in the forum and see what has worked for others.  I wouldn't just install an updated program or driver without searching in the forum first.  You might find a 50 page thread that says not to install it.

And by all means, burn yourself a set of restore discs and do a full backup onto an external hard drive, if possible.

You never know when you might need them.  Hard drives fail seemingly for no reason.  Windows gets corrupted.

Dave 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
Guru
dragnoak

topmahof wrote:.

Another thing, before you update a program or driver, set a restore point in Windows so it's easy to go back to the previous versions just in case later versions don't work so well.  

I was never one to update things just because there's an update available.  If my machines are working fine, then I'm happy.

If I have a problem with something, then I look to see if there's a later version that fixes the problem that I'm having, but that's the only reason I do updates.

Stay away from the Windows optional updates.  Windows will come up with the newest versions of drivers but they might not work correctly with your computer.  

If you have a problem with a program or hardware, seek out the pertinent thread in the forum and see what has worked for others.  I wouldn't just install an updated program or driver without searching in the forum first.  You might find a 50 page thread that says not to install it.

And by all means, burn yourself a set of restore discs and do a full backup onto an external hard drive, if possible.

You never know when you might need them.  Hard drives fail seemingly for no reason.  Windows gets corrupted.

Dave 

Dave,

Amen!

I'm giving you a kudo. (Or should that be a kudos?)  :smileylol:

DragonRider

I'm DO'ing IT
Lenovo Y470 085525U 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM processor ( 2.00GHz 1333MHz 6MB )
IdeaCentre A520 Intel® Core™ i5-3230M processor ( 2.60GHz 2600MHz 3MB )
topmahof

Thanks DragonRider,

I know you follow the same creed.  Here's a kudo for you for thinking the same.

Dave 

Broadband 3G
countrywise

Hi again Dave,

yes i realized that they are not listed in Device Manager later on,

but thank you  anyway,for taking the time to respond to my post again.

The rest of the things you mentioned that need doing,OR to stay away from,

i already know,(and have certainly done)

but again thank you for your effort and time.

Much appreciated.