Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Maximk

Re: Lenovo B560 video memory size problem

[ Edited ]

Hi. could you tell me what version of BIOS update I must use for resolving this problem and where I can find it?
It's posible?
It's good notebook but no ways to change video memory? only 64 mb forever?

community supermod
erik

video memory on the intel GMA HD is set by intel and cannot be changed even with a BIOS update.

even though your GPU is reporting 64MB, it's likely due to being in an idle state.   once your system needs more video memory, the intel integrated graphics in the i3-380M will use considerably more -- up to 384MB if memory serves.

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Maximk

Hi.
Thank you for answer.
But if I try to install software or PC game with 128 or more required video memory, install utilite chech my video memory size and notify about my small video memory and instalation process is not complete....
Could you tell me how I can notify system that my video memory can be updated to 128, 256 etc size?
Thanks.
community supermod
erik

intel integrated GPUs adjust automatically.   if your game checks video memory size upon installation, perhaps it's not seeing your integrated GPU correctly or instead expecting a discreet (seperate) video card.   unfortunately i'm not a gamer or up on game requirements to suggest any workarounds or alternatives here.

you might try using a high- or maximum-performance power setting in the 'power options' control panel.   this will typically force all of your hardware to run at its highest potential and might get the integrated graphics to utilize more memory.   i don't know if it will work but it's worth a try.

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30