Support in other languages: 
Retired Employee
JameZ

Re: Lenovo Custom Program Settings - y560

@Jamie,

Call Lenovo support, let them know that you have done a factory restore, updated to the latest BIOS however problem still persist. They will change the planars for you.

We are not pushing this away by asking you to send it to service as this is a hardware problem and it needs to be service. Isn't that what warranty is for?

Do read the Terms & conditions for warranty here.

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/l505-0010-01-en.pdf

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Blue Screen Again
sendsouth

In Australia a warranty usually means when an item is faulty and is still under warranty it will be replaced.

I will call Lenovo support (and bypass the shop I bought it from) but what you fail to understand at Lenovo is that there are people like me who simply just cant go without a computer for 1 or 2 weeks (or more) whilst Lenovo 'services' it. This message does not seem to be getting through to you!! That is why I am asking for a replacement or a refund.

It takes at least a day for me to re-set the computer up with all my files and software so I can use it in my business. Will Lenovo compensate me for the time I am wasting having to do this as well as the loss of business should I have to send it away??

You can post the terms and conditions and put as much attitude into your replies as you like but the fact remains Lenovo has sold me (and others) a faulty laptop that is costing me time and money. Based on my experience previous to buying the Lenovo Y560, its an issue that shouldnt be happening, and as it is, Lenovo should be doing their best to rectify it immediately.

Please post Lenovo service number for Victoria, Australia please.

I can assure you I will be letting you and others know the outcome

Jamie

Retired Employee
JameZ

@sendsouth,

You can find the numbers here.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-68585

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Paper Tape
KevinHoNguyen

Hello,

I'm actually having the same problem as other users in this thread, though my problem has just recently surfaced (~3.5 hours ago), and I received my laptop in late July. My problem appears to be much more mild as well, as striking the m or n keys only sometimes activaties odd undesignated shortcuts. M would open custom program settings while N has the same effect as right clicking in the top left corner. When this happens, typing beocmes extremely difficult and also strange characters and spacing are produced.

A representative I just spoke over the phone went through similar procedures as other members on the board. He uninstalled the Power Management Options application, which was to no avail. He also recommended backing up my files and restoring my computer to it's initial state, though from what I've heard from others, this method also produces unsuccessful results.

I am wondering what I should do to fix this problem. I am still covered under warranty since I bought this laptop in July. The problem appears to be manageable at this point and does not occur too often, but I am afraid it will become much more troublesome later on as it becomes much more frequent. Thanks.

What's DOS?
crlab

I have the same problem with my y460p. I hope there is a solution. I have tried rebooting, and also followed some of the suggestions regarding disabling startup functions with msconfig. All to no avail.

Paper Tape
KevinHoNguyen

So any suggestions or ideas? I can live off this fault for a while (especially considering I need it for school right now), but in upcoming breaks, I'd like to get this fixed since I'm under warranty.

Paper Tape
KevinHoNguyen

Any updates regarding the situation?

Paper Tape
KevinHoNguyen

The situation is worsening as it occurs much more frequently, and the typical Custom Program Settings problem has expanded to include random volume level adjustments (up, down, muting) and application window resizing. Other letters on the keyboard trigger these events, though I have not identified which specific ones they are. However, I noticed that sometimes when a key that would usually trigger these events is pressed down harder, the problem does not arise. Regardless, it's ridiculous to think someone would always be consciously aware of the keyboard buttons they pressed, and I will need a solution soon.
Is there any reason why tech support has not replied?

Paper Tape
KevinHoNguyen

Paper Tape
KevinHoNguyen

Been a while now, any news regarding possible repairs? Could I be sent a new computer if I'm still under warranty?