Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
Primenay13

Lenovo Drivers or catalyst?

I have the lenovo ideapad Z575 which has the 6520g and radeon HD 6650m graphics. I was wondering if anyone knows or has tried installing this official AMD catalyst drivers and see if they work. I was hoping with the new 12.7 beta drivers they might be able to detect both. Anyone know because I am a gamer and would like to get the newest and best performance out of my laptop.

Serial Port
Primenay13

Re: Lenovo Drivers or catalyst?

Does anyone know ANYTHING??! Anything at all. I would like it even if a lenovo employee could enlighten me? Please!!!!

WWAN
OKR-MAN

Re: Lenovo Drivers or catalyst?

[ Edited ]

Dear Lenovo User , 

General answer for your  question, the reason is ATI Graphic  card usually customized by each vendor in OEM machine, because of this end user  should use manufacturers  driver only, because manufacturers  can give a warranty of compatibility for manufacturers OEM drivers only.

Usually Graphic Card producers shares new drivers for their cards earlier then laptop manufacturers, so it is absolutely normal situation if you get error or performance issues  , and I advice you to use  official manufacturer driver for  graphic card and wait for next version of this driver   on manufacturer  web site. 

Regards

Fanfold Paper
bouuman

Betreff: Lenovo Drivers or catalyst?

[ Edited ]

1. Not all official AMD drivers are compatible with z575 Notebook ( Catalyst 12.3 Mobility driver package, is working well in dual graphics mode and the official lenovo gpu drivers also but 12.3 is better)

2. ackack4, you are right, the gpu performance is much better if crossfire mode is off and the most drivers are working very well then. The 6620g gpu ist much slower as the 6650m gpu, so crossfire should be off.

3. If crossfire ist on, many drivers can cause problems with the gpu clocks, the gpu can stuck at 20% performance and the games will lagg or crash, so the best you can do ist to disable crossfire.

(i am using also 12.7 beta at the moment, bouth gpu's 6620g + 6650m was detected by the driver but dont enable crossfire because you will get idle clocks and huge problems, just install the 12.7 driver and disable crossfire)

PS: also check your registry for the "EnableUlps" Option and set it to "0" and not "1"

Serial Port
Primenay13

Ok so I just need a link please for the exact drivers you downloaded. The last time I tried to install the official amd drivers they didnt work correctly. IF THERE IS A LENOVO EMPLOYEE HERE....When will be the next time you will update the drivers and put them on your site?

Serial Port
Primenay13

Do the switchable graphics work ok?