Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
manojsap

Lenovo IdeaPad Y480

I have recently purchased the Ideapad Y480 from Singapore after reading all the fantastic Features mentioned in its promotional information on websites. I was keen to use their Wireless Display for my own presentations needs as it comes with Intel wireless display as per the product information published by Lenovo Globally.

I was shocked to find that when I tried connecting the Wireless Display through my Belkin adapter my ideapad could not locate the Wireless Display program to start the WiDi feature.

This was disturbing & shocking to me so I started checking out the system configuration on the Ideapad Y480 I had with me only to discover that it has Artheros wireless card where as Intel wireless card is required to use the Wireless Display on the Y480.

I discussed this with support in India & also in Singapore only to be informed that this is not a problem for technical support to address rather it was for the Lenovo Sales to address this issue, I requested them to give me a contact with in Lenovo Sales to address this issue to that they responded that Tech support could not help there.

So the funny thing is that Tech support was activly discussing with me how Wireless Display works & configures etc for Y480 but the moment they were informed that the Wireless card in my Ideapad Y480 is Artheros & not Intel asking them how can I configure wireless display with that they clammed up.

I feel cheated that what Lenovo claims & what it supplies is clearly not the same. Since there is no support to address my issue with a brand new product released by Lenovo I am writing for help in this forum.

What's DOS?
prateekT

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Y480

HI Manoj,

i am also a victim of the same laptop.

i have purchased it from usa, everything works fine there.

but in india when i switch on this laptop a balnk screen come, as i dont have created the dvds and one key recovery feature was also not working . i format the system, after formatting the real problem starts. some of the basic feature stops working.

could you please share your details and help me with the recovery dvds.

i will be thankfull to you

regards

prateek

What's DOS?
prateekT

[ Edited ]

hi Manoj,

let me know if u can help me with your recovery dvds, as now this laptop of 56000 inr is initially useless for me.

plz mail me at *******@gmail.com.

waitingggggggggggggg

Moderator note: member's email removed to keep from the spambots.

Fanfold Paper
Nehalem

[ Edited ]

Hi manojsap,

Can you check your Device Manager again? My Y480 shows it has an Atheros Wired card and an Intel Wireless card.

Link to Image

Moderator note: image larger than 50k converted to link per forum rules: Lenovo Community Participation Rules

RMattoo
Topics: 3
Kudos: 91
Solutions: 91

Paper Tape
lukemsnx

I have Intel(R) Centrino(R) Ultimate-N 6300, i7-3630QM, and my laptop is Ideapad Y480. Can someone help me to install Intel Wireless Display (Widi)? Try using the instructions here:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-wireless-display.html.

But unsuccesfull

SCSI Port
MEHRADSYS

[ Edited ]

How to use Intel wireless display (WIDI) feature?

Thank you

Moderator Note; subject edited; post merged in. The forum search function works

ideapad Y480: Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.30GHz, 6.00GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4000 + Nvidia Geforce GT640m LE
750GB HDD, Dual Boot: Win8 Pro with MC 64bit and Win7 Ultimate 64bit