Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
ubernoob

Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 EasyCam

The Lenovo IdeaPad I'm working on has an issue wherein the built-in webcam claims to be "being used by another program" when opened with Skype and easycam, and online webcam checkers also failed to register a picture.

I tried the following approaches:

Reinstalling drivers.

enabling, then disabling the device.

Uninstall, then reinstall both skype and YouCam

update Microsoft Windows 7 with all service packages

update all drivers

rollback webcam drivers

Use task manager to disable all non-system processes

used Process Explorer to search for programs containing the #vid tag

I'm officially stumped, the webcam was confirmed to work originally- I can't say if there's a hardware failure, and regardless of the method I use the system claims that the webcam is being used by another program :smileyindifferent:

Please Help, and thank you for your time.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 EasyCam

You can try this, uninstall Lenovo EasyCamera software and use standard driver.

Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Uninstall Lenovo EasyCamera driver.

If the issue persist then update the BIOS and reinstall Lenovo energy management software.

Please refer to the web link to download the updates.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=307140

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!