Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
trang402
Accepted Solution

Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Touchpad Not Working

Okay so, I got my Lenovo Ideapad Y500 a couple days ago. Liked it and all BUT when I had my mouse connected into the laptop and then turned off the touchpad, it would not turn back on. The only way I could get my touchpad to work again is by restarting the computer, which is pretty frustrating. 

I searched this: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page?   for ANY drivers/software for the Y500 mousepad and there are none. Can anyone help me fix this problem before I get a refund from this potentially bad purchase?

FN + F6 toggles the touchpad on and off and I have tried to turn it on and off, with and without the external mouse connected. Thanks for the help.

Y5
Paper Tape
Y5

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Touchpad Not Working

My touchpad is virtually worthless. Advise people to stay away from the y500 until (if possible) Lenovo fixes this problem.

What's DOS?
windmin

I also have problem with touchpad, it doesn't work sometimes. the cursor random drift at screen. I am tring to find new drive, if not, I will return it.

Token Ring
n1smo

I would like to say that I am also having the wandering mouse pointer issue.  Hope there is a fix soon!

Serial Port
judyinnyc

Yep, me too. Luckily I think it is a software issue because it does correct when I reboot. Hopefully they will fix it. Between this and the fact that I ave no WiDi (which is why I bought this particular laptop in the first place) is making me want to throw it out the window. So mad.

Y5
Paper Tape
Y5

They had to have known this was an issue. There is no way it could have passed through without them knowing. But they wanted to get the christams sales so issued it unusable. Poor business practice. It will bite them in the end.

I have two unusable Y500 laptops.

I strongly urge anyone considering the y500 wait until this issue is addressed by lenovo. Probably a sofware problem but certainly could be poor hardware design and unfixable.

Punch Card
greggster59

I'm not happy about this but glad that more info on this is coming in from users.

The tech I spoke with last week was in the dark about some of the changes and issues to the Windows 8 Y500. His knowledge base mirrored this website info which is to say there was no support for OneKey Recovery version 8 or up to date drivers for this version of the Y500.

I sincerely hope that this is a software problem. Everything else on my systems works great and I fear a replacement unit will have more wrong with it than just the touchpad.

Fanfold Paper
vtrecha

Spent 3 hour on tech support yesterday with 2 different techs. No solution found. One tech downloaded a synaptic driver that made matters worse. Second tech thought it was a conflict with MacAfee.Touchpad randomly works. Unbelievable, that a new machine would be released with this issue. Where is the Quality Control in this company? I am posting on this forum hoping Lenovo gets the message and corrects this issue now.

Fanfold Paper
Dpet

Just had the same problem today with mine. Ordered it when I was at college and super excited to come home for break to it yesterday, now very irate it doesn't work. 

Called Tech support and the person who helped me did all the things I already did like update the drivers and etc. however it took them 40 minutes because they clearly weren't trained in windows 8. 

Very torn between sending it back for full refund or having them send me another one because I absolutely love the computer and don't wanna give it up, but I also don't want to waste any more time on it. $900 computer (on sale of course) and can't get the touchpad working? ...for shame

Serial Port
judyinnyc

Update! 

This is by no means solved, but I do think it's >improved<.

I found a newer driver (v. 11.4.7.1). The mouse pointer still has some delay, but it isn't as unbearable as it was before. I do find that the left click "button" is not always reliable (the single tapping is more reliable). But it's better and corroborates my thought that this is mainly a software issue. I also disabled all the multi-finger functions.

The link for the new driver is here: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS032199

Let me know if you find this helpful!

J.