Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
fql89

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y560D AC Adapter/Battery Problem

I tried all of your suggestions but they didnt fix the problem. I think i need to send the laptop to a repair shop. Thank you very much for helping.

Paper Tape
TimothyDexter

I am having the same problem with the IdeaPad z565. I have tried re-installing Energy Management a number of times, all to no avail. The odd thing is that a lower voltage AC adapter that I have does not seem to encounter the same problem.

Like the OP, whenever I try to do anything intensive, e.g. run a game, it switches to battery mode.

This seems to be coming up in reviews of the model at Newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=34-146-853&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&Sel...)

" I received the laptop and discovered the battery would not charge for more than a minute or two at a time, then the computer would inexplicably switch to battery power. I called Lenovo and they told me it was a known problem. They had me uninstall and reinstall some of their energy software and then shipped me a new battery. The new battery didn't work either, so they told me that I would have to ship it to them (at my expense) for repairs to the motherboard. Rather than start off with a lemon, I returned the computer to Newegg for a replacement (they provided complimentary shipping). However, once I received the new computer, I discovered that it had the same type of problem, but more severe - it wouldn't even recognize the power cord at all, so I could only run it off the battery and couldn't charge the battery at all."

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Community Moderator
yigit

for hardware issues, it's better to contact lenovo support line

http://www.ki-themes.com
Fanfold Paper
fql89

Thank you for your advise but I live in Belize, a small country with no support from whosever!

Community Moderator
yigit

i meant shipping the laptop back...

What's DOS?
isum0000

I came across your thread when I experienced a similar issue on my Y560, in which the laptop simply wouldn't stay connected to the ac. For a couple of weeks, the battery status changed between being charged and disconnected every couple of minutes, and the condition eventually deteriorated to a point that the laptop wouldn't turn on without the battery installed.

Turns out the issue was about a loose connection between the ac adapter and the power cordIt is hard to say/define what went wrong between those two (the plugin process looked simple enough), and the green led remains lit throughout the whole ordeal, but once I "plugged" it right, everything went back to normal...

This may/may not apply to your case, but I guess it is worth checking out.

Fanfold Paper
eycel

[ Edited ]

sounds to me like a windows driver/reigstry/setting issue, I would run ubuntu on live cd  and see if that makes a difference. I bet you the battery issue will go away.

What's DOS?
mar3shly

hi. I havw this problem with my charger. IT says plugged in but not charging!!
Community Moderator
yigit

@ mar3shly
did you try the suggestions on this thread? ( check first and second page )

Paper Tape
Lifprasir

Battery issues, please help!!!

[ Edited ]

So I just bought an open box Lenovo, and as I reformated it (because it was previously used and I wanted to start fresh), I noticed that the battery was not detected. (I believe it was like this before). So, I've tried uninstalling the ACPI and reinstalling it, nothing is working. So I thought, maybe it's the BIOS, so I tried upgrading my 71 BIOS, as I update, it tells me that I cannot execute the action because the battery is below 30%, again, the battery is not detected. I do not know whether plugging in the AC is actually recharging it or not. More information : before, when I unplugged the AC, the laptop is capable of running solely on the battery yet still indicating there is no battery detected. After I drained the battery completely in hopes of being able to reset it. The laptop will not boot on battery anymore, only on AC. It is an IdeaPad Y560D. Thank you very much!!

When turned, battery inside and plugged. The battery light flashes, though I still cannot turn it on. I've tried leaving it off with AC trying to "charge" it, but after 1:30hours, it will stil not boot withotu AC.