Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
sample115
Accepted Solution

Lenovo Ideapad z565 - How do you check and enable Virtual Technology (VT) in BIOS

I've been trying to use Virtualization on my Lenovo Ideapad z565 laptop. The laptop is running the OEM installed Windows 7 home premium 64. It is an AMD dual core processor. I've attempted to launch a few VMWare images within VMWare workstation running on my laptop. The VMWare images always seem to hang when trying to launch them. I've read on various forums that this is most likely due to Virtualization Technology (VT) "Not" being enabled in the BIOS. This is supposed to be set in the "Advanced " section of the BIOS. The problem is that when I check my BIOS (F2), the Virtualization Technology (VT) option is not listed in my BIOS. I have a very limited set of BIOS options. I've read that manufacturers of these machines "Block" the user from accessing the advanced BIOS options (for reasons unknown to me). Also, There is a utility distributed by Microsoft called the "Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool" that you can download and run on your computer to check if Hardware-assisted Virtualization (VT) is enabled on your computer. I have run this, and it says that VT "is" enabled on my machine. However, I've seen, from other users, that this tool is known to report false positives...meaning it reports that VT is enabled, even though it is not. I've also read that for these Lenovo laptops, that Hardware Virtualization is "disabled' by default. So, I think that is my problem. Hardware Virtualization is turned off in my BIOS, and I have no way to access it in order to 'enable' or turn it on. Does anyone out there have any experience with this problem, and how did you work around it? Is there a utility that will allow me to enable Hardware Virtualization in my BIOS? If so, can you provide me with the detailed steps to do this? I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Lenovo Ideapad z565 - How do you check and enable Virtual Technology (VT) in BIOS

you may need to bios update to activate vt if it's disabled.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Blue Screen Again
sample115

Re: Lenovo Ideapad z565 - How do you check and enable Virtual Technology (VT) in BIOS

Where do you get the latest BIOS update for the Lenovo z565, and how do you update the Bios? Please let me know. Thanks.

Community Moderator
yigit

[ Edited ]

download page doesn't content any bios update.
i'll bring this issue to lenovo staff, they may help you.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/uk/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=911767

Blue Screen Again
sample115

Thanks. I tried looking all over the internet for a solution to this problem. I've seen solutions for other Lenovo models. I just haven't seen any type of solution for the Lenovo Z565 model. From what I understand, all the bios are different depending on the model.

Community Moderator
yigit

yes, different bios for each models.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@sample115,

Am checking with engineering on this.

@yigit,

Thanks for highlighting this :smileyhappy:

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Community Moderator
yigit

you're welcome.

Blue Screen Again
sample115

Hello? Do you have any update on this issue? Please let me know.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@sample115,

No revert from them yet. Still pending.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3