yigit

Re: Lenovo U400 Battery Replacement Warning

#1st hdd, #2nd dvd etc.
( or in bios, set default settings )

http://www.ki-themes.com
Punch Card
dasmoothride

I meant upon installing windows 7 like which applications or drivers I should install first.

Community Moderator
yigit

make sure you install intel drivers first ( rapiddrive, matrix storage etc ) then video, audio, power management and others.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Punch Card
AshLikeSnow

@das

I think RMA was a mistake.  It probably won't fix anything (unless by RMA, you are looking for a refund not replacement)

That issue is clearly software, and most likely the lenovo power managment driver.  I imagine that issue will be fixed in an update in the future - if this laptop sales well and dosen't get canceled.

Also.  If you use the lenovo one-key feature and have your computer recloned to the lenovo factory image.  You can upgrade from home premium to professional through the microsoft/windows method.  Not sure if a standard retail key will work, or you needa specific upgrade key.  I would take that question to the microsft windows 7 support website.

Punch Card
dasmoothride

[ Edited ]

I think the RMA was a mistake too. Oh well, at least i'm somewhat experienced now in opening this laptop lol! But seriously I can't wait for Lenovo to release their updated drivers. Because I heard on the gadget sites that some users are experiencing crashes just by surfing the internet and I did notice that too when I clean installed it.

Fanfold Paper
reuben9376

I am no having the same issue ?? It didnt show up for the fist 2 or 3 days of use but now it's giving me that less than 40% error. Did you ever get this fixed?

Punch Card
dasmoothride

[ Edited ]

Reuben,

No. I made a decision to make an exchange for another brand instead. For me, it's not worth the time to upgrade this. It's unnaceptable for Lenovo to implement a design that's a PITA to upgrade and clean install.

I bought the U400 on B&H and I was glad that B&H was able to accept the exchange.

Fanfold Paper
reuben9376

WHATTT I purchased it from them also and requested a rma and the denied me saying that I couldnt return the laptop unless it was sealed ??? Do you know who you spoke with 

Punch Card
dasmoothride

pm sent...

Punch Card
AshLikeSnow

Sorry to necro this.

But how much battery life are you guys getting with the 40% thing.  Basically. Is your battery life actually reduced. Or is it just bull**bleep**ting and you ccan just uninstall that program