Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
mc8888
Accepted Solution

Lenovo U460 showing "bootmgr is missing" HELP!!

Hello guys,

I would need some help to solve my laptop problem. Before that I tried to make second partition but unsuccessful. I extend back into default and only 1 partition which original setting. 

As I mentioned, I had "bootmgr is missing" error all time, can't boot to windows 7.

My laptop came with no CD-ROM. I no idea what to do now. 

The only options for me to input is F12 which go into bios setting.

Under the boot setting, I can't modify or make changes. 

I do appreciate in advance those who experience and able to help me.

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Lenovo U460 showing "bootmgr is missing" HELP!!

press f8 to select "boot fix"

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
mc8888

[ Edited ]

I tried F8 it won't work either.

Blue Screen Again
cukhi123

If you have any USB devices attached to your computer, remove them. By default (at least on my Y560) the BIOS is set so that the computer boots from USB devices before the hard drive. For a more permanent solution, you can also go into the BIOS and change the boot order of your devices. Hopefully this solves your problem!

Community Moderator
yigit

if boot fix doesn't work, you have to perform clean windows installation or you have to ship your laptop back to lenovo support.

Paper Tape
mc8888

I did attach my USB to the computer and did detect the usb but what should I do since the usb did not have OS inside to boot. There's nothing do with boot order, I only have a hard disk, a network thats it. ;(

Perhaps, I could try burn an .iso file "recovery Windows 7" into usb then try repair, what do you think?
Paper Tape
mc8888

I tried from F1 to F12 the only button work is F2 into Setup and F12 which change the boot order. How do I perform a clean installation since my U460 did not have cd-rom? I am lost now. ;(
Blue Screen Again
cukhi123

I think we're misunderstanding each other here a bit, so let me clarify a bit more. You do NOT want the computer to boot from USB, which is what I think it's attempting to do. To prevent it from booting from any USB devices you might have attached to your computer, either remove them from the computer, or go into the BIOS settings (I believe you hit F12 for that) and change the boot order so that the computer boots from the primary hard drive before any USB devices. I first had this issue after attaching an external hard drive to my computer and restarting, and I think something similar might be happening to you.

I hope that cleared up any confusion, and I hope that helped. Sorry if I misunderstood you... again.

Paper Tape
mc8888

Hello,

You did not answer my question either. Let me explain more details, here is the problem:

I did try to make a second partition, shrink it, but finally i extend back to a single partition.( I not sure what I did wrong but everything seems fine for me)

Okay, the next day I try to turn on my computer as usual, guess what, it pop up a message say "bootmgr is missing". I got no chance to enter the windows no matter what "F key" I press. I tried from F1 - F12. I am stuck at there now. The problem is u460 did not came with cd-rom also.

Any thought how to solve it?

Community Moderator
yigit

if you can try to perfrom clean windows installation by pressing one key recover button ( novo ), it may help you, otherwise ship your laptop back to service to reset your harddisk to default.this is the only option cause you don't have dvd rom.