Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
distance4life

Re: Lenovo V570 Boot-up problems

Yea so I'm almost convinced it's defective because now I tried restoring it to factory condition and it won't load the first time. It will be returned tomorrow.
What's DOS?
Shweta_Maria

I bought a Lenovo V570 from Best Buy and i had the same issue.Returned it back to the store and they gave me a new one .I had the same issue with the new one after 6 days.It keeps getting stuck at the please wait screen.Now they've given me a new lenovo V570.Lets see if this one works. Its extremely annoying!

Retired Employee
JameZ

@distance4life and Shweta_Maria,

I have a V570 however haven't encounter such issues, could you try running Windows update and see if it helps. Mine has been updated to the latest update available for Windows and SP1 as well.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Token Ring
Kris237

JameZ wrote:
@distance4life and Shweta_Maria,

I have a V570 however haven't encounter such issues, could you try running Windows update and see if it helps. Mine has been updated to the latest update available for Windows and SP1 as well.

//JameZ

+1

cranwell

I have the same booty problem.

I get "Please wait" forever upon bootup.  The only recovery is a factoruy refresh and I have done it 10 times in 1 month.

Please fix this or take my machine & give me a model that works.

I dont have time to fool with this.

Pete Cranwell

Retired Employee
JameZ

@All,

Can you try this step and see if it helps.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-and-U-series-Laptops/Stuck-with-a-quot-Please-Wait-quot-screen...

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

What's DOS?
cranwell

Same problem.

The only temporary resolution is to run in safe mode or do a factory refresh.

This Turkey is going back .  I don't have the time and money to troubleshoot and  fix Lenovo problems.

Blue Screen Again
snoshark06

Same problem here! I'm already on my second V570. This is ridiculous. I've reformated the old one twice, tried a system recovery. And the new one already got stuck once, and only went after I tried to start 6-7 times.

After seeing this post with so many others with this problem, I'm considering bringing it back.

And your instructions of take the battery out, wait, put it in, do a system restore is a work-around, not a solution.  

Blue Screen Again
snoshark06

... And yes, all of the updates are done... I've even tried nixing everything in the startup. Still having issues.

Blue Screen Again
Silly

me too, they(BB) had to order another one, we'll see next week