Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
snoshark06

Re: Lenovo V570 Boot-up problems

You're awesome @Kris237. Thanks for the help, so glad I got the laptop working. It's a shame it comes out of the box like that, but the bang for the buck on the v570 can't be beat; at least, at the moment.

I'll run the new BioExcess and report back if I have any issues.

Thanks again!  

Token Ring
Kris237

LOL - yeah, I love mine - just a beautiful fast package, and after 20 years of DIY desktops.  Love it!!!

groove2

Hey guys,

I had the same problem and I figured it must have something to do with the biometric sign-on, so I did some investigating in MSCONFIG and started disabling any Egis-related services until the hang-ups stopped.

So far I've had success with disabling the In-Product Services (software updaters) located:

Start->type "msconfig"->go to Startup Tab

C:\Program Files (x86)\EgisTec IPS\PmmUpdate.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\EgisTec IPS\EgisUpdate.exe

I have kept the Port Locker and BioExcess enabled and no-hangups as of yet:

C:\Program Files (x86)\EgisTec Port Locker\EgisPLTSR.EXE

C:\Program Files (x86)\EgisTec BioExcess\EgisTSR.EXE

I had also tried going the updates from Lenovo's site but I kept getting "missing MSI" errors and whatnot so I didn't even bother with trying to update the Egis/Biometric software anymore. I figure I can always keep up with Lenovo's site if there are updates, since the in-product updates are disabled and wouldnt' alert me.

I am now able to login with my fingerprint scanner, lock my system with the scanner and also lock up my USB ports, security features I really like on this nice machine and so far no more frozen "Please Wait" screens.

Hope this helps!

-groove2

Blue Screen Again
barcuicci

After wasting time w/ the phone tech support, I was able to finally boot up using the battery pull/press power for 30 secs workaround. Went to Control Panel to uninstall BioExcess - first attempt it got hung up, so I cancelled and waited to retry. Now when I try to uninstall I get a Programs and Features dialog box that says Please wait until the current programis finished unistalling or being changed.

Any idea how I can bypass this? Desperately trying to troubleshoot myself instead of sending out for warranty repair. 

Also, what's the preferred way of deploying OneKey Recovery? Power down and then press it, and wait for it to reconfigure? User manual is kind of vague on that front...

Thanks!

Token Ring
Kris237

[ Edited ]

I am guessing that you tried to install the new version.  It won't.  Restore back to a previous image and uninstall BioExcess.  THEN install the newer one if you wish.

I don't think there is a preferred way.  to do my initial backups I pressed it while windows was running.  However, that was only to get a factory backup - I use Macrium reflect for my backup images, every week or so.

Silly

Hey -Kris,   Just wanted you to know how helpful you and your advise was to me. I love my laptop! Lenovo makes a great product. And help like this cannot be found anywhere!:womanvery-happy:

Token Ring
Kris237

Silly wrote:

Hey -Kris,   Just wanted you to know how helpful you and your advise was to me. I love my laptop! Lenovo makes a great product. And help like this cannot be found anywhere!:womanvery-happy:

Just lucky...  Glad I was able to help!

tinylilron

Hey so did you uninstall BioExcess before downloading and installing the one on that page?  It is right under software labeled BioExcess?  I just want to make sure that I can get BioExcess back after uninstalling it from my laptop.

Thank you for all your help!

Veronica

Token Ring
Kris237

sinple - on a clean system, go to programs and features and uninstall BioExcess.  reboot.  Install the later one.

What you can not do is install the newer one on top of the factory one.  it will jam. There is no fix.  you will have to restore a previous opsys image.

davidlucas910

This happens to my lenovo as well. It only happens when I close the laptop before it completely shuts down. Try waiting for it to shut down all the way before you close it.