Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Retired Employee
JameZ

Re: Lenovo V570 Boot-up problems

@All,

I tried closing the lid after I press shutdown in the "Start menu" and did it for 5 times however it is still working fine and not stuck at the "Please Wait" screen.

V570 - MO: WB01011501
EgisTec: 3.0.7.0 (10/31/2010)
BioExcess: 7.0.67.0
Win 7 x64 Ulti SP1
No Antivirus installed

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Fanfold Paper
mrkevinlei

Hey everyone!

I just got a V570 for university and noticed it getting stuck sometimes at the start-up!  In trying to avoid computer problems away from home, I think I'm definately going to do what Kriss has suggested regarding BioExcess.

Also, anyone notice other kinks in this laptop? I have a 14-day return period and would like to squeeze any issues out of the V570 before I go away or this return period is up!

Thanks everybody!

Wheehee!

Kevin

What's DOS?
ericzhi

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a V570 for university from future shop canada (Aug 24, 2011), and it had a faulty "2" key. However, I did also experience the startup problem mentioned here... stuck on the welcome screen with a circle (my mouse does not respond, and the circle does not spin) I had already started using BioExcess. NOTE, however, I activated BioExcess AFTER everything had been automatically updated, meaning I had the latest version. I simply held down the power button, restarted the computer, and the problem seemed to have gone away. I exchanged the laptop (Aug 26, 2011) nonetheless due to the faulty keyboard. Now I have a new V570, again with Bioexcess (as well as VeriFace) activated. It seems to be working fine so far.

Fanfold Paper
Paolo

[ Edited ]

ive had the same problem on my B570. Unfortunately i had to use the one key rescue system to solve the problem.

Now it runs well. after i teride to install the hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/983551/ but i couldnt install it.

Maybe the problem is the lenovo veriface(i dont use it since the rescue system). Try to install the hotfix, if you cant you shoul use the one key rescue system is the only solution that allways works

Fanfold Paper
tinylilron

So update... I had to return/exchange the lenovo v570 because my second one really got stuck I was not even able to do a system restore and/or uninstall the BioExcess and reinstall it...

I don't seem to like any of the other laptops at Bestbuy as much... plus I got a pretty good deal... only $600 for my lenovo v570... will lenovos warranty cover stuff like this if it happens again???

Fanfold Paper
tinylilron

Faulty intel chips

http://www.infoworld.com/d/hardware/lenovo-halts-shipment-pcs-faulty-intel-chipsets-387

Lenovo intel chips were faulty could this be part of the issue.  What should we do???

Fanfold Paper
tinylilron

@ Kevin... did you buy yours from Best Buy?  Did you buy the 1 year geek squad tech support?

Veronica

Blue Screen Again
snoshark06

Re: Faulty intel chips

@tinyliltron - That article is from Feburary of 2011, it's kind of dated (could be a problem if you bought it closer to that date). I highly doubt problem laptops like that would make it the shelves. Supply chain logistics these days are pretty reponsive. 

Blue Screen Again
snoshark06

Re: Faulty intel chips

I'm having trouble finding the AR version of Bio Excess. Sorry, I'm persistent, I'd love to have the feature.

I've got a V570 - I put in my serial, and brings me to this page - http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/driversdownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=200619 

I only see BioExcess version 7.0.67.0. I tried installing that one, and ultimately had to remove it because it was hanging up again.  

Fanfold Paper
mrkevinlei

Hi!

I got my v570 from FutureShop without any kind of extended warranty (from past experiences, I find that my electronics will either malfunction right after the manufacturer's warranty runs out when I don't purchase extended warranty or just after my extended warranty when I do buy it...so I'm not a big fan of extended warranties.)

My laptop seems to be doing alright as of now, but should I be concerned for problems to come?  I can still buy the extended warranty because my 14-day return is not yet up.

Kevin