Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
tinylilron

Re: Lenovo V570 Boot-up problems

@ Kris:  I did a system restore in safe mode and I was able to get it to work again... then I did a windows update and all seems to be good.  What do you think?  Do you think it should be fixed for good now?  I have until Monday before my 14 day returning window closes...  I just want it to work well and not be stuck with a computer that does not work well...

Token Ring
Kris237

[ Edited ]

tinylilron wrote:

@ Kris:  I did a system restore in safe mode and I was able to get it to work again... then I did a windows update and all seems to be good.  What do you think?  Do you think it should be fixed for good now?  I have until Monday before my 14 day returning window closes...  I just want it to work well and not be stuck with a computer that does not work well...

I truly have no idea why you are having a problem with this .  I wish I could be a fly on the wall and see what you are actually doing when you get a new one.  Obviously  (to me) something is different.

I do keep my windows updates current but have no idea if that has anything to do with it.  There was somewhere (in this thread) mention of an MS fix for the Please wait prob but I have no idea if it was included in the auto updates of windows updates, and don't care as I am not having the problem.

When I bought my V570, I got a 2 yr BestBuy BTP (black-tie-protection) - that way I can call them with probs and if it breaks at 1 1/2 years I can just take it in and say here-broke-fix!.  However this is of no use for the "please wait prob" as it is a MS prob aggravated by Bioexcess, which Bioexcess fixed..  it was useful for a generic wifi question and brought me to the result of leaving the wifi switch off, as wifi is not secure, no matter what.  I run wired rj45 to my router, and wired rj45 to comcast cable modem.

EDIT:  at this point I am sold on Lenovo and my next laptop will be an ideapad or thinkpad - basically whatever looks good at BestBuy..  I am sold on bestbuy as they are so easy to return and to upgrade - they're tops.  They also give me 18 months to pay interest free on my BB card.

tinylilron

@ Kris: Thank you so much for talking to me and all of us regarding these issues.  So did you just buy the 2 yr Best Buy BTP (black-tie-protection), did you buy the Geek Squad tech support?  How much did you have to spend for this?  I really like this laptop.  It seemed like a better deal than the comparable Asus that Best Buy had because of the better speakers, fingerprint reader, and it was a bit smaller but great widescreen.  I just don't want any more issues to arise.  I did not buy any of Best Buys things at the time because I figured Lenovo would be able to supply me with their own warranties and support.  I am not sure if this is the case.  What do you recommend?  You seem to know a lot about this.  I want my investment protected, with in reason.  I bought my laptop for $600 a $300 warranty seemed extreme since it is 1/2 the price of the laptop.  What do you think?  I am definitely interested in hearing what you did.  I have until Sunday/Monday to return and or add any warranties to my laptop.

Thank you once again for all your help!  You are fabulous!  :-)

Token Ring
Kris237

[ Edited ]

I told you what I did in the previous post.

2 1/2 months ago I got a V570 and the 2 yr BTP for $600 + $130. I believe it's now $650 + ?

I made this choice because it seemed the best for me.  I can not guide you as I don't know you, your financial situation, or your technical experience (I've been doing windows since 3.11 some 20+ years ago, and many BIY desktops.), or how often you drop or spill coffee on your laptops.

I made my own choices based on my extensive knowledge of me, and how extremely careful , physically, I am with my computers.  I haven't the foggiest idea what would be good for you.

After all - if you look at this thread, all I really "know" is to uninstall bioexcess and install a different one.

If you haven't bought any protection, you would probably have to return it and rebuy it with the protection, but these are questions for BestBuy sales folk.

Fummb1es

k so i have a better solution then deleting and redownloading bioEccses or what ever its called ... go to you system configuration in admin tools and go to start up and disable you bioexcess on startup ...trust me it works.. then reboot ...then when you get to startup it freezes for like two seconds then keeps going then itll ask you to log on with a bio thingy in upper left hand corner use you bio to log on it still works ...

Fanfold Paper
Paolo

[ Edited ]

tinylilron escribió:

@ Paolo:

What finally worked???  Does anyone recommend removing Veriface?  Someone on the Best buy site said to do that.  What do you think?  I like the Lenovo v570 but this freezing thing is no good.  It should work perfectly!  

I dont know i dont really use it. I share this laptop with my other bro.But its useless. Now i dont want to try something else its working well :robotvery-happy:

k so i have a better solution then deleting and redownloading bioEccses or what ever its called ... go to you system configuration in admin tools and go to start up and disable you bioexcess on startup ...trust me it works.. then reboot ...then when you get to startup it freezes for like two seconds then keeps going then itll ask you to log on with a bio thingy in upper left hand corner use you bio to log on it still works ...

ýeah it works but some people use the fingerprint... so we were looking for a solution (=

Token Ring
Kris237

@ tinylilron

So what did you wind up doing?  Hope it works out well!

tinylilron

@Kris:  I decided to check out the Black Tie Protection at Best Buy and they replaced my Lenovo v570 with another one.  So now I have a brand new Lenovo v570 (my 4th one).  The guy told me to go home and update all the windows updates immediately and that all the lenovo drivers should be up to date.  I may uninstall BioExcess and install the one off Lenovo's website but he said that all the drivers should be current.  He said that he hopes this one works.  :-)  I also got the BTP for 2 years.  

Token Ring
Kris237

tinylilron wrote:

@Kris:  I decided to check out the Black Tie Protection at Best Buy and they replaced my Lenovo v570 with another one.  So now I have a brand new Lenovo v570 (my 4th one).  The guy told me to go home and update all the windows updates immediately and that all the lenovo drivers should be up to date.  I may uninstall BioExcess and install the one off Lenovo's website but he said that all the drivers should be current.  He said that he hopes this one works.  :-)  I also got the BTP for 2 years.  

Hey!  that sounds like a good plan - only thing with the BTP is don't spill coffee on it or drop it!  I don't let food anywhere near  mine! - when I had a desktop I was always replacing keyboards because of food crumbs in them!

Great that you got a new one!!!  ain't BestBuy great?

yes to update all the windows update fixes, but I would sure uninstall that bioexcess at the first sign of "please wait"!

Keep us posted!!!

mrkevinlei

Hi everyone!

It's been a while so I thought I should update you all with some of the problems I have began to encounter:

1. The BioExcess thing still causes my laptop to freeze up at the please wait screen on the cue of different changes on my laptop (such as after an Adobe update or something).  I think I will just remove BioExcess because I cannot predict when I'll get hit.

2. Operations (especially using IE) are surprisingly slow; I expected zippidy speeds with a 6GB RAM and i5 CORE, but using my family's older 4GB RAM and i3 CORE Dell laptop seemed a lot more speedy.

3. OfficeStarter will not open documents downloaded from the internet...maybe it has something to do with my laptop being setup in French, but I uninstalled MS Office and OfficeStarter in any case and am now using OpenOffice.

Just some info.  Give me a shout if you have any ideas or comments on these issues.

Kevin