Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
mrkevinlei

Re: Lenovo V570 Boot-up problems

I totally understand what you mean tinylilron; the v570 is super cool but it's a shame that it's buggy.  I the meantime, I'm past my 14 day return bubble without any service plan,  I will just need to work around these issues and hope I don't drop my laptop in a puddle...

Hopefully Lenovo can get us some new or updated software that'll work well with this laptop.

Best of luck,

Kevin 

Token Ring
Kris237

[ Edited ]

no ideas.

1. yes noticed this once after an Acronis uninstall, but very rare.  I like the fingerprint thing.

1.a. twice I noticed that it wouldn't accept the fingerprint, but did accept the normal login.  don't know what that was about!

2. I don't use IE because of security probs and poor tab support.  I use FF6.

3. I, too, use OO, but don't download stuff from the internet, generally, so wouldn't know.

Edit: I think most of these probs relate to Win7 64.  before I got this laptop I had a very poor opinion of Win7 64, but since working with SP1, I've had to change my opinion to "it's pretty mature".  It's just not perfect...

v470

Lenovo EE Boot Optimizer crashes boot up

Hi, 

A similar thread already exists, but not resolved. If anybody has had issues with the EE boot optimizer, I'd appreciate some help.

My machine is a 2 months old V470, Intel i5, Windows 7, 64 bit. Since I got the laptop, the "EE boot optimizer" has been misbehaving. Regardless of the settings in the "advanced settings" option, it always starts on booting, and always takes 3-5 minutes to "optimize". There is, of course, the option to Esc. Out of the process, but it doesn't change the fact that the software is malfunctioning. I even tried unselecting it from the startup menu (with msconfig), but somehow it starts "optimizing" on boot up each and every time!

As of yesterday, the boot optimizer started crashing the Windows booting, sending me to the Windows generic repair option (which, typical of Microsoft automatic "detection and repair services," failed to do anything.) I called Lenovo tech support, but all they could do was suggest that I re-boot and push f8, to get to the "Last Known Good Configuration" option. This has gotten me back onto my desktop. The support tech suggested reinstalling the boot optimizer, which I did. My computer worked fine without it for a day. I tried reinstalling it (From Lenovo's site), and the same problems came right back.

It now seems to me  like Lenovo/IBM is selling computers with software bearing its name that is not working well. Furthermore, there is no apparent solution other than reinstalling the darn thing. This is disappointing. I could not even find a satisfactory explanation as to what exactly this software is doing. The tech guy mumbled something about checking and cleaning registers.

I hope this will not end up as merely a rant, but bring some solution for me, as well as others who undoubtedly face problems with this software. Thanks.

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Lenovo EE Boot Optimizer crashes boot up

@ v470
as i remember, un-installing boot optimizer may help you.

http://www.ki-themes.com
What's DOS?
chitanda

I had same issue with laptop freezing at start up. I tried a couple things including disabling bioexcess at startup but that only worked for a short while. I then uninstalled bioexcess and havent any issues ever since. I have not bothered to get the newer bioexcess that everyone recommends. 

I just uninstalled and this seemed to fix it. 

Token Ring
Kris237

chitanda wrote:

I had same issue with laptop freezing at start up. I tried a couple things including disabling bioexcess at startup but that only worked for a short while. I then uninstalled bioexcess and havent any issues ever since. I have not bothered to get the newer bioexcess that everyone recommends. 

I just uninstalled and this seemed to fix it. 

Great!  If you don't want to use the fingerprint thing, then you don't need to get the newer bioexcess.  I did, so I did.  Toys!

v470

Re: Lenovo V470 Boot-up problems

My problem is with the ee boot optimizer, which is more of a boot obstacle... I removed it and then reinstalled it twice already, and each time I have the same issue: it tries to "optimize" every time I turn the computer on, then it reboots and optimizes again, and again. I once let it do it just to see how many times it would go thru this cycle. I gave up after 8 reboots. It's now off my computer, and I guess I've given up on it.

As for the fingerprint toy: It seems like the fingerprint reader also tends to freeze the machine when it goes into a black screen (i.e. when left running, but not used). I find that the problem is not there when I use "other credentials"--just a good old password to log in.

Blue Screen Again
prog

I currently have the freezing at the please wait screen with my v570. I have tried every single "solution" on this thread to try to fix it but after installing bioexcess again, just a few boot ups later it will freeze again. I have used the factory restore button 4 times now, the first time was within hours of purchasing it. When I purchased this laptop I was under the impression Lenovo made quality products but clearly this isn't the case. I am going to return this laptop this Thursday if I am unable to find a solution.

Paper Tape
bobc4d

I have a 570 and mine suddenly started freezing at "Please Wait" after a month of working fine.  I removed BioExcess and have not had a problem since.

Token Ring
Kris237

bobc4d wrote:

I have a 570 and mine suddenly started freezing at "Please Wait" after a month of working fine.  I removed BioExcess and have not had a problem since.

Yeah, fiddlesticks!!!(sp?)  I just got 2 in a row so I just uninstalled Bioexcess, and that will be that.  To me, that's a minor bump as I LOVE this notebook!

NB: to uninstall it if you're getting successive "Please Wait"s,

boot into safe mode, start windows explorer and go to C: program files x86, and rename EgisTech Bioexcess folder to something else.  This prevents the service from starting when you reboot, and it's the service that gets you!

reboot into windows and uninstall Bioexcess.  RIP..  The fault lies with a glitch in Win7 64, and the way Bioexcess is written.  in other words, Bioexcess could be written to avoid it. The January version is way better, but didn't go far enough.

Not Lenovo's fault.