Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
B4THC4T

Lenovo V560 drops wifi connection - cannot restore without reboot

Hello,

First off let me say that I'm  earning a BS in Computer Science, so I know more than most when it comes to computers, yet this issue vexes me.  I only say that so that any replies understand that my level of technical comprehension is far above average.

The title pretty much says it all, I have a 6month old Lenovo Ideapad V560 that cannot maintain an internet connection.  Let me describe the problem in a little more detail:

PROBLEM:

This computer can connect to any wifi, and seems to drop the connection fairly randomly, however it will drop the connection FASTER when I'm more active, such as loading multiple web pages simultaneously.  That said, it ALWAYS drops the connection during a session, and NOTHING I do can restore the connectivity apart from rebooting.

This issue has nothing to do with the router, as it happens on every wifi connection I've ever connected to, school, home, work, McDonalds, etc.

I've already extensively researched the issue, so please don't reply and just start linking me to related threads, I've read them, they weren't helpful.

I've done a few things already in an effort to resolve the issue, such as:

1) Re-installing Windows 7 Pro x64

2) Re-installing wifi driver

3) Disassembling the machine, removing and reinstalling the wifi Card

4) Disabling "Allow computer to turn device off" power management settings for wifi card and miniport (all network devices, actually)

5) Removing all Lenovo "bloatware"

Again, it is not a connection specific issue, it doens't matter how the connectio is configured, it seems indepedant of that. 

Any help anyone can offer would be helpful!

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Lenovo V560 drops wifi connection - cannot restore without reboot

hi b4thc4t

probably you are using intel wireless adapter. can you try to update the drivers from lenovo first, then if it doesn't work from intel?

also, do not forget to check download page for bios update if there's any.

please, post back the results.

http://www.ki-themes.com
What's DOS?
B4THC4T

Hello,

Thank you for the reply, and yes  -  this machine uses (it's actually locked to ONLY use) the Intel 6250 WiMAX card.

I have used all the available wifi drivers in an effort to regain full functionality, and am running the latest BIOS, although I'm not sure a standard bios update would improve the wifi connection stability. 

Any other ideas?

Community Moderator
yigit

tried to disable dhcp and use manual ip configuration?

What's DOS?
B4THC4T

Yes - I have. 

Maybe this will help, when the connection is lost, I cannot even pull up a list of available networks, it's as though the adatper is asleep . . .

Community Moderator
yigit

that was odd. any error messages in the system logs? do you have any other wireless adapter to check if it's the faulty card?

What's DOS?
drbcomua

On topic: I have the same issue with Lenovo B560 (factory installed WiFi adapter: GTC BCM4313 M).

In the same time and the same WiFi network my old Lenovo IdeaPad Y550 works perfectly.

Is there any way to make this Broadcom (or GTC?) adapter work uninterruptable?

Currently it requires to reboot or hibernate and power on again to revive adapter.

Off topic: yesterday instead of my message about the same issue posted I have seen the following error:

Please correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• Post flooding detected (community got posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)

But the message has been tried to be posted once.

Community Moderator
yigit

@drbcomua

possible driver/bios issue. please, check download page for updates.

WWAN
OKR-MAN

Hello , 

Please share bios info from  msinfo32. Please refer to video below to go msinfo32 

Thanks