Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
Stonesouls

Lenovo V570 WiFi problems - update - new problems

[ Edited ]

I purchased a Lenovo V570, standard Best Buy Windows 7 configuration, about 6 weeks ago and have had one particular problem I can not seem to resolve. At random, my wireless network connection ( WiFi ) is slowing down to a crawl, going anywhere from 1 Mbps to 54 Mbps and then stabilizes at 54 Mbps. It works fine for any random amount of time and will do it again at will. It is driving me a bit nuts. I shut Wimax and My Wifi off. I have no need for them. I have three other XP computers in the house that use WiFi and I do not have this problem with any of them. I have not taken this computer on the road yet to see if this occurs at any of the hot spots that I use. Any body else having the same problem or can shed some light on what is happening? Any help would be appreciated.

Update: 3/23/2012

I have tried all the solutions to my problem, most recently I updated my wireless router to a "N" band model with slightly different results. I now get great speed, my network stays connected to my wireless router, but I still loose my internet connection. I have checked this with two other computers in the house at the same time I loose my internet access and both computers connect and stay connected.

I have flashed the bios with the latest release. I have upgraded the driver for the N-6150 chip from Intel's website, which is more current than Lenovo. Yes I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. The way the problem gets resolved when it occurs is to disconnect and then reconnect my network internet connection. Remember, Task Manager shows me fully connected to my wireless router when I loose my internet connection and my wireless connection shows me to be connected to the internet when I am clearly not.

Still, I can't put my finger on it, hardware or software. I am going to put a usb "N" band dongle, of good quality, in my computer. Test extensively. This is beyond annoying. This computer was not cheep, over $600. If I can't get this resolved to my satisfaction, I will either demand a new computer or I will get my money back.

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Lenovo V570 WiFi problems

have you tried to update/re-install drivers?
also, take a look at the thread below.it may help.

http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-and-U-series-Laptops/Y560-Wireless-n-mode-not-connecting/ta-p/3...

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Serial Port
Stonesouls

I am still having this problem. It is either a software or hardware problem and I can not get to the cause. Is there anybody having the same problem?

Token Ring
Kris237

I do not use wifi and keep my switch off, or I'd be jumping in here...

I wonder if you're being hacked?  do take it out on the road and see if it happens there... (just grasping at straws...)

djtonyz

Re: Lenovo V570 WiFi problems - update - new problems

I actually have been having the same exact problem with my wife's machine. We bought the same model from Best Buy with a Win 7 configuration. We actually sent it back and they said the wifi card was weak and replaced it. But, we got it back home and the same issue. The wifi card will not stay connected to the router.

I did try to remove and reinstall software priort to my brining it back to the Geek Squad. We thought taking it there would help solve the issue. Both my MacBooks have zero issue with our 2G Netgear router.

I'm going to try the link posted here and see if that resolves or keep looking for others who might have the same issue.

Serial Port
Stonesouls

[ Edited ]

This a very difficult problem to solve, but I did. Read this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

Start here:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/wireless

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21045

Download the latest and greatest drivers for the N-6150 Intel card. Then totally, and I mean totally remove all the drivers and folders and files that you have from Lenovo on the computer for this card. Empty recycle bin. Then reload the new drivers from the downloaded Intel files.

Once you have the new Intel drivers loaded go to the above Microsoft website and reset the internet protocol.

It may take a few times until you get it right. I now have my machine running on the N band at 300 Mbps.

My download speeds from Comcast is about 50, super fast.

Combination of windows 7 and a problem with the cards drivers. Never really addressed by Lenovo and they don't have a clue how to fix it that includes Best Buy.

What's DOS?
DolceMeta

Has anyone had this same issue with Windows 8? My wifi constantly cuts out when I am at home but rarely does at the office on my Lenovo. I can't work more than 30 min at home without at issue! So frustrating.
Bit Torrent
LenBlazer

The possible solution is to use windows 8 generic driver. You must uninstall the present driver and delete them through device manager. It is easier and a sure way of insuring that you can delete the driver by booting in safemode. After rebooting, Windows 8 will automatically detect and install the needed driver. There are some who would contradict this suggestion and claimed that it is not necessary. But I find my suggestion effective and the contradiction ineffective.

DolceMeta wrote:
Has anyone had this same issue with Windows 8? My wifi constantly cuts out when I am at home but rarely does at the office on my Lenovo. I can't work more than 30 min at home without at issue! So frustrating.