Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
bhubanjyoti

Lenovo Y530 : Issues

Hi,

I am having a few issues with my Lenovo Y530. I would really appreciate if someone could help me out.

I have a machine that is in warranty and has 3 yr onsite warranty and accident coverage till May 2012. Recently, after Windows failed to load I called Lenovo Hardware support. They suspected a malfunctioning Hard Drive and asked me to ship it to the service station. I got my laptop back a week after mailing it in, but when I opened the box I found the keyboard broken and the hard drive case not shut properly. I called Lenovo back and they asked me to ship the machine in once again. I got the machine back this weekend. It seems to be working okay except the following problems:

1. The Hard Drive Case seems partially open on one side

2. Often the hard drive makes a clicking noise (not metallic clinking)

3. Very rarely, but definitely at times, the hard drive makes a metallic clinking noise

4. One side of the computer case, near where the body is attached t the display appears to be cracked

As of now the computer seems to be functioning fine, although I am worried abut the clinking noise. I don't want to send the machine in for Depot repair since it takes way to long to ship it there and back and I dont trust FedEx to get my machine back with enough care. Anyone has any suggestions as to what I should do?

I might be able to fix problems 1 and 4 myself by opening the casing and properly closing it. Seems like the technicans who worked on it didnt take enough care to do that. Does this affect the warranty status of the machine? 

Any suggestions, responses, directions would be highly appreciated. 

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Lenovo Y530 : Issues

one side of the computer case, near where the body is attached t the display appears to be cracked

hinge broken?

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Blue Screen Again
bhubanjyoti

No the hinge is fine, the case is broken at a joint. Anyways that is the least of my worries. I am fairly worried about the occassional beep that the hard drive is making right now. Not sure what I should do about that.

Community Moderator
yigit

backup files just in case, then run disc check ( scan disc )

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com