Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
prasadp17

Re: Lenovo Y560: Strange Keyboard Issues

[ Edited ]

The keyboard does not work in all applications. It types numbers instead of letters and the customer service says I have to pay $89 to fix this issue because they provide warranty only for hardware and not software.

The lenovo driver page does not even list the keyboard driver which we can download and reinstall.

Community Moderator
yigit

try this:

prevent gid application from starting up:
click start > click run > type "msconfig" > select "startup" tab > unchecked gid desktop application > press ok then reboot laptop.

or uninstall gid application from windows :
click start > click control panel > click add / remove programs > search for "gid" / "gid desktop application > select the item and select uninstall > reboot when un-installation is done.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Fanfold Paper
fsevcik

Betreff: Lenovo Y560: Strange Keyboard Issues

Hello:

I am having a similar number swapping issue, plus my keyboard tends to "miss" some keystrokes while I am typing fast, so it makes me rewrite too frequently too be comfortable.   BTW, I do not have this problem while typing in my old DELL Inspiron, just in case.  The numbers swappimg issue started to show up recently, after a few month with this Y560 laptop.

I have the latest BIOS (v59) and every driver that was available in LENOVO support page at the end of 2010.

Have anybody some idea about what is doing this??

Blue Screen Again
kc2011

y560 windows 7 keyboard problem

bottomline: when reboot windows 7, the password is automatically filled all the way to the end by something. cannot use backspace or delete, cannot use any keys. can only use touchpad with enter button on the right. can highlight the password space, but cannot delete.

keyboard & touchpad is functional when onekey rescue is activated. full virus scan did not yield any issues. network setup screen shows ADSL, but cannot type in network name or password.

when F2 is clicked during new startup, the choice of normal start is automatically highlighted. cannot use up/down arrows to select safe start or other choices. so i was forced to click enter on the normal start, which returned to the windows 7 login screen with "jammed" password as above.

prior to the problem, a dialog suddenly appeared in front of IE window, saying "custom program setting", with 3 lines of choices, incl. program & 2 others that i cannot recall now. after i clicked cancel, the dialog disappeared, but i cannot type in anything while on facebook. or when i typed 1 letter, it would repeat the same letter many times. so i restarted & then encountered the problem.

my thinking now is to reinstall windows 7, since using onekey rescue to return to original factory setting would delete all my data (which has no backup). when i chose recovery to last user backup, no backup file was found.

my priority for resolving the problem is to keep all my data first. also, how can i get a dvd of windows 7 since it is not provided with lenovo purchase? thx for any practical help!

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: y560 windows 7 keyboard problem

@ kc2011

you can download windows iso, search the forum for "legal windows iso".

if you just need to install windows 7 to save your data, you can use linux ( ubuntu ) live cd without installing anything.

as i understand what i read, keyboard replacement needed. ( to make sure, you can use external keyboard if you have )

Blue Screen Again
kc2011

Re: y560 windows 7 keyboard problem

thx for suggestions. i called lenovo service center and was told to massage the keyboard by running fingers gently over each row (computer is off). this somehow unstuck the keyboard. all is well now.

What's DOS?
chryss

[ Edited ]

@yigit: BIG thanks. I uninstalled gid software and it worked for me on my G560. I've been searching for a solution for days.  Thanks again.

Paper Tape
mbells

Lenovo Ideapad Y560: backspace key has stopped working

My backspace key no longer works, everything else seems to be OK.

Any suggestions or solutions?

Paper Tape
mbells

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y560: backspace key has stopped working

after banging on it many times, it sometimes works, what is the best way of unsticking it

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y560: backspace key has stopped working

tried to clean under it?