Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y560: backspace key has stopped working

how do i get under it, very little space between the keys 

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y560: backspace key has stopped working

Blue Screen Again
kc2011

Re: Lenovo Y560: Strange Keyboard Issues

my previous problem somehow had resurfaced in feb this year.

after many failed attempts to correct the sticky keyboard problem, i finally had to use another pc to download the linux ubuntu files (latest gnu version) for usb/stick installation. then i was able to plug the stick in the failing notebook & download all my files from the hard drive, bypassing windows 7. it worked beautifully, using only the touch pad & point & click. after all my files were saved, i pressed the 1 key rescue button to delete all files from the notebook.

i sent it back to the service center & was told next day that the MOTHER board had died! they waited for more than a month to get new parts from china, before returning the notebook to me.

no more problem since then... crossiing all my fingers. i don't know if the sticky keyboard problem is directly caused by the slowly failing mother board or not. if so, users with similar problem may plan for the worst case scenario, instead of wasting time on stopgap cures.

Community Moderator
yigit

mbells may need keyboard replacement by the way.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Blue Screen Again
prasadp17

Thanks yigit

Uninstalling 'Guarded ID application' resolved the 'numbers instead of letters' issue.

I was also facing the graphic driver crash issue (error: graphic driver stopped working'). I have updated ATI radeon driver from the AMD website recently to check if that can resolve this graphic driver issue.

yigit wrote:

try this:

prevent gid application from starting up:
click start > click run > type "msconfig" > select "startup" tab > unchecked gid desktop application > press ok then reboot laptop.

or uninstall gid application from windows :
click start > click control panel > click add / remove programs > search for "gid" / "gid desktop application > select the item and select uninstall > reboot when un-installation is done.

Paper Tape
nouranian

This issue can only be solved by physically removing the keyboard and taping a piece of an anti-static bag between the keyboard ribbon wire and a protruding piece of metal with wires in it that rubs against the ribbon. The static electricity build-up causes the keyboard to go crazy. Since this rubbing takes place in the bottom middle section of the keyboard, pressing keys G, H, J, V, B, N, and M often initiates the problem. Watch the following video on YouTube for Lenovo Y560 keyboard issue.. This design flaw is shameful for Lenovo and I'm amazed why they have not fixed this issue before!

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdGXTo-dpYc

Hope this helps!