Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
kilfaze
Accepted Solution

Lenovo Y560 not charging. Sent to the depot twice. Making me pay $108 for something I didn't do...

[ Edited ]

Hey guys. I'm a little new to the community, but I'm definatly not new to lenovo computers. I currently have a Ideapad Y560 out on repair for the SECOND time both for the SAME problem. It's a problem with the computer not charging. The first time I sent it in, they fixed it up by replacing the "DC in Cable" according to them, but then one month later (which is currently now) the same problem arose. I got furious because it interfered with my studies for the final exam. I was hoping to recieve it last Thursday, but recieved no conformation about it leaving the repair depot. So, I decided to check out depot repairs on the website only to find that it is on hold because my warranty does not cover some of the parts. Then, I called up the support line for about the third time, and the guy, Romeo, said that the computer had a huge crack near the ethernet port or something like that so they have to repair the base for a $108.50. But, this is definatly not my fault! I babysit after my computer and it has never left the desk it has been sitting on for the past 8 months until now. Never have I dropped and I even have pictures of it before sending it into to Lenovo. I'm supposed to recieve a call from the escalation team either tomorrow or Tuesday, but what happens if they don't believe me and I have to pay the $108? Another question is, why is this problem keep repeating itself? Is their anyway I can get a replacement from lenovo because it is a reoccuring problem of theirs?

Please, can anybody help. Would appriciate it alot!

XBrav
Topics: 16
Kudos: 78
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 34

Re: Lenovo Y560 not charging. Sent to the depot twice. Making me pay $108 for something I didn't do.

If you have photos (smart move), then it is hard for them to blame you.

Either way, a charging issue can be many things. Being an electronics guy, I would first test the power brick using a multimeter.

Request the next call be escalated. Have an address to which you can e-mail your pre-shipping photos. If the laptop was damaged during transport, I believe it is Lenovo's responsibility to work with UPS to get a claim, as it is their group account.

Hopefully it doesn't get that bad though. Good luck!

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Fanfold Paper
kilfaze

Re: Lenovo Y560 not charging. Sent to the depot twice. Making me pay $108 for something I didn't do.

Thanks man! This helped out. :smileyhappy:

Fanfold Paper
Supergirl09

I had the same problem! my y560p also wouldnt charge and the charger overheated inside my computer, coroding the metal on the tip of the charger and essentially breaking the charging capability. It's been at the stupid lenovo depot center for almost a month even though I was PROMISED 5-7 business days and one of the techs said it was ready and shipped out to arrive the 2nd of june. When I called again on june 3rd with no lapotop they said they had no record of the tech saying that and that the laptop hadnt left the depot and is on HOLD for a keyboard piece?! **bleep** does that have to do with my charger? who knows maybe they dropped mine or the keyboard was overheated from the charger malfunction. But I definitely feel you. The service is terrible and it's ridiculous to pay 1000 for a laptop for the cheap charger to break within a month and ruin everything. Not to mention the time it takes them to fix it -.- If I don't get my laptop back by Friday I'm refunding for the Dell xps 15

Lenovo y560p 2nd generation Intel® Core i7-2630QM Processor ( 2.00GHz 6MB 8 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM and 500GB 7200
Fanfold Paper
kilfaze

Hey guys, they still haven't sent me back my pc. I escalated the problem three times, but that hasn't seemed to help. I've been thinking about taking these guys to small claims court for not fixing a problem that they created and making ME pay for THEIR fault. I'll post more updates when I call them back up and argue with them

EDIT: The Escalation Team had contacted me 3 days earlier and said that it wasn't my fault for the crack and that he would wave the $108 fee and said that I would recieve the pc back by today. But, I still havn't got a confirmation on it leaving the repair center nor do I have it! So what do I do now!?!

Fanfold Paper
kilfaze

Hey guys, thanks for all the help. After 18 long days of waiting, my computer will be back on Tuesday :smileyhappy: Case closed.

Fanfold Paper
Supergirl09

Make sure to get a tracking number from them and that they have the right email address to reach you at. Mine was finally sent out after being fake sent out twice. Didn't get my email right AGAIN so no tracking number, but I finally got the laptop back. It was sorely missed, I'm glad they aren't charging you. For me they wanted to put a hold on my account for $66 until they got my broken charger but they made a mistake and had me deny the charger when it got here and didn't get the hold off until they got their new charger back and made me send my laptop

Lenovo y560p 2nd generation Intel® Core i7-2630QM Processor ( 2.00GHz 6MB 8 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM and 500GB 7200
Fanfold Paper
kilfaze

[ Edited ]

Dang that sucks man. Just tell them that the escalation team approved of the repair, then it might be free. Hope this helps.

Fanfold Paper
kilfaze

It has finally shipped out and is scheduled to be here on Thursday or Friday.