Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
trollop

Lenovo Y560 plug socket broken + warranty activation impossible... Help?

[ Edited ]

Well, to start on a bright note: I loved my y560 for the short while it worked.

But after a few months of light use, one of the screen rubbers has squished flush into the lid of the laptop, and the power inlet for the computer no longer receives charge from the plug, rendering the computer unusable. (tested, it is not the cable or plug itself)

"No big deal" I said as I found my way to register/activate the computer's base factory warranty. "Surely this will be a relatively painless process." Not the case; The webpage to activate/register the warranty seemingly does not have my country of residence listed (U.S of A) as a  selectable option......:smileysurprised:

Mark, is this just a glitch, or result of maintenance of some sort? I am utterly confused.

Sorry if this thread is a bit off topic (I don't think it is, though).

(link to related absence of USA, sorry, I don't get embedding)

http://min.us/lnvPOO

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Lenovo Y560 plug socket broken + warranty activation impossible... Help?

Hey trollop,

for the time being, you will actually need to get your unit registered with the reseller of whom you bought the Y560 from.

we at Lenovo are making some adjustments with that online warranty registration page which you have mentioned.

Really sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
What's DOS?
harsh26aug

Re: Lenovo Y560 plug socket broken + warranty activation impossible... Help?

How can we register lenovo y560 laptop.