Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
deraeler

Re: Lenovo Y570 Nvidia 3D Vision problems

Just ordered the y570.

I too am interested in what is required to support 3-D, as noted in this thread, NVIDIA's chipset supports 3-D output, but its highly dependent on the laptop vendor support/implementation.  They do list the y570, however Lenovo says little on the subject.  Can we get an official repsonse here?  What hardware is required?  Presumably the NVIDIA Optimus-3D package is required....I believe this includes the glasses and additional software, and of course a 3-D ready TV.

Appreciate your input, thank you.

Punch Card
Alexandr1200

I have the same problem! I buy the LCD TV Philips 32 pfl 9606 which support 3D Vision but when I connect it's TV to my Lenovo Y570 with nvinia gt555m from VGA or HDMI input/output and with other drivers from v260 to v290 I always see the same massege "You are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU" and "PC can't find Nvidia GPU"! What should I do to fix this error?
Punch Card
Alexandr1200

I use this laptop already half a year! As I understand from this forum( http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=200832 ) that the problem is not solved by the software. Is it possible to return the laptop back to the seller with the reason that: it does not work 3D Vision on gt555m with addition that the gt555m in specifications suppor 3D Vision?
Punch Card
Alexandr1200

Answer answer where is answer on the questions?
Punch Card
deraeler

seriously, does Lenovo ever monitor these forums? Can we get an answer to this problem, as its stated clearly in the y570 specs that 3D is supported by this adapter.
802.11n
velenoso666

[ Edited ]

I don't believe you have the latest driverrs for the NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M (280.26) these are, which I'm running now on my Y570 and my control panel also doesn't have all the function, like I don't have advance settings    -----> 285.79 latest

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-285.79-beta-driver.html

https://picasaweb.google.com/102165166882140940795/Lastest?authkey=Gv1sRgCJjeifbUtfTtzwE#slideshow/5...

Paper Tape
DJ_DUDU

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Same problem here I have Lenovo Y570 and Asus VG278H.

I spoke with NVIDIA 7 or 8 times for the past week and they said YES 100% Y570 support 3D vision and 120 Hz via HDMI. So I spend 500 pounds on that Asus monitor and guess what was the result - nothing. It's not working there is no stereoscopic options in nvidia control panel. I attach the monitor to PC and it's work just fine. I use the latest drivers form Nvidia ver. 300 +. I showed to the guys from Nvidia the timing and resolution list from asus monitor manual and they answer me that They contact Asus and Asus told them there is mistake in that table and they will fix it so for the 8th time they said Yes  this configuration between Lenovo Y570 and Asus VG278H working. My opinion is: Combination is crap. Everything by it self is perfect.

802.11n
christopherlang

[ Edited ]

Try the 285.62 drivers. I was testing some other 3D Vision stuff. Had some issues with some driver sets where the driver set was the problem with the 3D option not showing. You should most def be able to do what you are trying to do. Do you know that Nvidia supports your display (the Acer) in the drivers? You should specifically ask them this (could be just 3d TV Play capable devices are like this but it would be smart to ask them anyway imo --these devices include some projectors fyi though my ignorance may be showing when it comes to projectors, dlps etc hah).

The sets I was testing with for my issue were:. Try the 301.24 ones as well. One or two of these other sets may cause you more problems. These are the sets I would start with if you wanted to try out different drivers with 3D Vision (least for the issue you are reporting ;-)).

285.62 Things seemed ok. Could turn 3D on and setup. Test images ok.

301.24 Things seemed ok. Could turn 3D on and setup. Test images ok.

(Sorry I would have to go through my notes to add more but its not relevant to your post)

This was different model hardware (w520 and Benq XL2420TX) but like I say I have seen where with one or two set's the 3D option did not appear when it should have been there. I was also using DisplayPort and not HDMI.

I too have another similar setup to what you are trying to do (That is to say I should be able to do the same on my Y530 and a 9300M GS ;-)). Have spare glasses and an external USB emitter (Btw there are ways around the emitter YMMV). Have not tried this setup yet ;-) but will. You may wish to check the 3D Vision forums at Nvidia as well.

If you have an older card you may want to make sure that 3D Vision is selected and installed with newer drivers ;-)

802.11n
christopherlang

[ Edited ]

1. Card that supports 3D Vision and driver set

2. 3DTVPlay ready device (3D TV, Projector, etc) or 3D Vision Ready display

3. Glasses and USB emitter (or built-in emitter if display has one)

Pay close attention to getting a supported display and also to connection options. Your options are DisplayPort 1.1, HDMI 1.4a or DL-DVI-D. There are various adapters (active and passive) available to mate the different connection types together if you need to (but be aware there are some considerations depending upon what it is you are trying to adapt).

Paper Tape
DJ_DUDU

Laptop: Lenovo Y570 using GeForce 555m 2GB - support 3d vision

Monitor: Asus VG278H - support 3D Vision 2 and Lightboost - probably the best 3D Vision monitor outthere ir emmiter is in the monitor

Nvidia told me 8 times this combination is 100% sure for 3d vision and 120Hz via HDMI. 

But it's not working.

I think all outputs are on the internel card and not on nvidia one. I don't know how to resolve that. It is not from BIOS