Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
myhalfsoul

Re: Lenovo Y580 Bug

Hey, how long did it take you to get the confirmation email after you called post-sales services?

Paper Tape
silv3rstone

about 4 business days

What's DOS?
smeagol222

I was within the 7 days so I've just requested a refund. I hope your replacement machines are fine, the only other gaming laptop I was thinking about was an Asus one.. but in the UK they are still trying to flog the 2nd gen Intel i7 chips (usa has 3rd gen ones)

Paper Tape
myhalfsoul

Sigh...I'm still waiting for their email reply.
Fanfold Paper
polyprog

Just recieved my email reply. It's been 7 days since I called them.

Paper Tape
Bikuci88

Hello everyone!
I am experiencing the very same problems as you. Any update for those who returned their y580s?

Note for the moderator: THIS ISSUE IS NOT SOLVED !!!

Paper Tape
myhalfsoul

More and more people are experiencing this issue. Any updates?

Paper Tape
silv3rstone

Well....I was hoping to get my replacement laptop tomorrow but I just checked my order status and they've delayed the delivery date one more week.  As a matter of fact it says the unit is still in production when last week it said that the estimated delivery date was on Thursday when I checked Friday (the day before I checked).

I am honestly pretty sick of this...I'm going to call and see if I can just get my refund.  I've seen better deals on similar laptops since I've put in the replacement order.

Paper Tape
myhalfsoul

Could you tell me what deals have looked at? I'm stuck with this only because it has a very good deal.

Punch Card
Krzychub

I had similar problem with 3D graphics corruption followed even by app crash after few minutes on my Y580. It was occurring with original Lenovo and reference series 300 drivers, and on AC power and battery, so for sure it was not related to GPU overheating as on battery it runs at just 405MHz and lower voltage. Clean reinstall of the drivers did not help. Solution for me was to underclock memory on 660M by just a notch to 2450MHz (instead of 2500) with MSI Afterburner. No more crashes, no more corruption. I could even push GPU core to 1085MHz and it works just fine.

My gut feeling is that the video ram on Y580 is either undervolted or some crazy timings are used. 660M with GDDR5 can do 3000MHz on many configs without issues. Maybe vBIOS update is what we all need.

Chris