Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
zxy
Fanfold Paper
zxy
Accepted Solution

Lenovo Z575 Intermittent Wireless connection issues.

Hi, I have a Lenovo Z575 with the following specs.

CPU: AMD A6-3420M

GPU: ATI 5520G

4GB RAM

500GB HDD 

Wireless Adapter: Ralink RT3090 802.11n

I have an issue where the notebook will succesfully connect to my wireless network followed by messages of "(SSID) - No Internet Access" and "Unidentified Network - No Internet Access". The Wirless connection works much less often than it doesn't. The Modem and router are not the issue because I have two other laptops, a desktop with a wireless adapter, a desktop plugged in by ethernet, and a smartphone that all connect to the network and access the network flawlessly. 

Things I have tried:

Updating the wireless adapter drivers.

Flashing the latest BIOS update.

Unchecked the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" box in the Device Manager menu.

Troubleshooting with the Windows Troubleshooter.

Disabling/Enabling the wireless adapter.

Updating various other drivers.

This is a brand new computer and these issues came out of the box. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Token Ring
BrownEye02

Re: Lenovo Z575 Intermittent Wireless connection issues.

Try entering this in the command propt:

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

After that type:

ping google.com

You should get something like this

zxy
Fanfold Paper
zxy

[ Edited ]

The first operation causes the connection to disconnect when it is working, then the second operation does not work while it is trying to reconnect.

I get this when pinging google when it is working.

Capture.PNG

Token Ring
BrownEye02

[ Edited ]

Sorry, try doing this when the wireless card is acting up. What this does is if the laptop has a bad ip address it forces it to drop it and try to get a new one from your wireless router. Thats why you see the disconnect and reconnect. Suprisingly this fixes network issues more often then not.

Post back when you are able to test this when its acting up. Im really interested on if the ping will work.

802.11n
fiesta

What happens when you hit fn/f5? does the window pop up, and what are the settings set to?
zxy
Fanfold Paper
zxy

I tried typing the ipconfig/release when the adapter said No Internet Access. This causes it to say Unidentified Network - No Internet Access instead of the SSID. Then afterabout a minute and a half it resurns to saying the SSID with No Internet Access.

zxy
Fanfold Paper
zxy

When I press Fn+F5 I get this result:Capture.PNG

Token Ring
BrownEye02

It shouldn't change anything but are you typing ipconfig /renew after you entered release? Does your laptop do this on a different network?
zxy
Fanfold Paper
zxy

What happens is when I type ipconfig/release it causes the laptop to disconnect temporarily, and when I type ipconfig/renew I get an error message because there is no connection. This is not an issue with my Asus laptop because after typing ipconfig/release it instantly reconnects so ipconfig/renew will work. The Lenovo's problems are not isolated to this network. I have tried to connect to the Wi-fi tethering on my smartphone with the same results.

zxy
Fanfold Paper
zxy

I wonder what it takes for Lenovo themselves to chip in on such a topic. It couldn't hurt, because they should be the ones to know about some of the common problems with their systems.