Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
zxy
Fanfold Paper
zxy

Re: Lenovo Z575 Intermittent Wireless connection issues.

The Lenovo Technical Support said it was a problem unlikely fixed over the phone and to just return the computer to Best Buy. I will mark the problem as solved and assume it was a partial hardware failure. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

zxy,

Not sure this is a common problem for Z575...

Couple things I might have suggested had I replied to this earlier would be:

1) Check power manager settings - see if there is a difference between AC and battery operation with the Wifi.   

2) See if there is any difference based on proximity to the router

3) Remove the bottom covers where you access the memory and check the antenae wire connections to the wifi card.  It is possible that one of the two wires had not been fully snapped onto the card in manufacturing and shook loose during shipping, etc.  In such a case, with only 1 antenae, range and reliability might be affected.

Failing those things... probably service is needed.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
What's DOS?
RIPDime

I am having the same issue on the same laptop. This one came from newegg and I love it other than this issue. Once it connects it seems to do ok. But sometimes it takes a while to get it to connect. Wifi signal is strong. full 5 bars on it and another laptop works with it, cellphones work with it but i'm afraid that eventually the problem will be as bad as the OP was facing and then i'm out of warranty and all that. How long is the warranty on this thing anyway? Going to check that antenna and see what i can find down there, been dying to open er up anywayz lol

What's DOS?
dileja77

did you get it to work? I`m having the same issue. 

What's DOS?
RIPDime

No, and its a shame because besides this i love the laptop. But this issue is really really pissing me off.
Paper Tape
Dodosaur

This might solve the problem for some people:
Whenever you turn the computer to Power Saving mode or Battery Saver mode, the Wireless LAN will automatically disconnect. Sometimes, even when you change the option back to another mode, the Wireless LAN will remain disconnected.
What's DOS?
Pconn

Hey folks.

I just purchased my Z575 and had same issue and did this:

• Right-click on the battery icon in the System Tray. 
  • Select "Power Options"->"Change Plan Settings (in any plan)"->"Change Advanced Power Settings". 
  • Select the "Lenovo Energy Management" tab and then click on the "Enable Lenovo Energy Management" button.

This is from a thread on this forum on the Z560 and it worked absolutely flawlessly for me on my Z575 and have not had another issue with it!

Good Luck

I love this computer!

P. C.