Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
trollop

Lenovo y560 Warranty Repair Concern. (2011)

I sent my computer in for a faulty AC inlet, was given an RMA, case number, etc...

It was received at the repair center on April 26th, and The last update on it to date is:

"Your PC is currently on hold due to a service parts shortage. Please check back periodically for further updates."

This was on May 3rd.

10 days have passed and there have been no updates. It doesnt take anything 10 days to ship anywhere on the planet, unless the "service part" must be made in china and shipped over (which I doubt is the case).

Called hardware/repair dept on the 10th, and he said he would "send an email to see what the repair is."

I am very worried about getting my computer back within an even remotely timely manner (if ever, looking at some customer horror stories). 17 days already seems long to me, so I would like to ask for some of your experiences with lenovo RMAs, as the only ones I can find are riddled with dissatisfaction and dissappointment.

This brings me to these questions:

Anybody have to deal with Lenovo's RMA/warranty repair department recently?

Was it a success?

Failure?

Take eons?

Also, is there any way to "speed up" the process?

Thanks, I'm just nervous due to the stories i've read.

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Lenovo y560 Warranty Repair Concern. (2011)

hey trollop,

could you pm to me the following :

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:
S/N:
Date of Purchase:
Case Number :
RMA Number :

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
MrGlister

Sent my Y560 in again for another motherboard replacement...  The machine arrived and was being worked on the Apr 28th, a day later it said shortage. 

Retired Employee
Serge1410

hey MrGlister

could you pm the following

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

(IdeaPad Series - http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/UserFiles/NB%20label(1).jpg , look at the Type xxxx-xxx)

S/N:
Date of Purchase:
Case Number : (if any)

Description of issue :

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.