Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
MrT84

Lenovo y580 no display

My brand new y580 worked for about a day, and after putting it into hibernate mode, has no monitor display.  I am able to use it with an external monitor,  and the backlight lights up on the laptop screen, but I can't get any picture on it.

I have tried rebooting several times, including removing the battery and booting on AC power.  I have also made sure that it was set to display on the laptop monitor using Fn+f3.  Anybody have any other suggestions?  I don't  really want to have to send it back to manufacturer to wait a month (again) for my computer unless that is the only option.

Punch Card
Presto

Re: Lenovo y580 no display

My laptop had a screwy screen also, there was picture but it was really screwed up and it worked fine with an external monitor

What's DOS?
voon99

Y580 Black Screen Problem

[ Edited ]

i have bought this laptop few weeks ago and it was working fine. until lately ,when i pressed on the start button,nothing came out from the screen. it is all black, but i can hear the background is actually running. it forced me to force shutdown and retry, and it is just not working. after off for few hour, it back to normal again,and this problem is happening more frequently now

i have tried all the suggested solutions like remove the battery / power cord and press power button for 15secs or reinstall the RAM but still not working. please help, thank you.

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Y580 cannot start

hi voon99,

if you have hdmi or vga cable, can you connect your computer to external monitor? if the external monitor works fine, you may have graphic card, main-board, connector or lcd issue. in this case, it'd be better to contact lenovo support line.

http://www.ki-themes.com
What's DOS?
voon99

Hi yigit thanks for the reply.

Yes i have connected the laptop to TV via HDMI cable everytime this hapened as tempo solution. it works fine all the time when connected to external monitor.

i have read thru online forums and found that actually this is a very common problem for a mchine that wielded 2 graphic cards, like one internal and one dedicated. some suggested reinstalling the internal gcard would solve the problem, or resetting the BIOS, i would like to try, but it is better to ask for advice here before i try those suggestions.

Community Moderator
yigit

have you tried to update bios and/or graphic card drivers? by the way, which graphic card adapter you are using? intel or nvdia? issue happens when you disable the nvdia? ( or ati )

Paper Tape
krsolutions

Re: Lenovo y580 no display

I Have the same problem, received my laptop last week and today no more displays with the same symptoms...I've search and many people has the same ISSUE..what the hell is hapening. LENOVO WAKE UP
Paper Tape
krsolutions

[ Edited ]

I have found a fix for mine, open the cover under your laptop and pusht he following pi
n

http://krsolutions.yolasite.com/

Community Moderator
yigit

warning: krsolutions' method will void your warranty. do it on your own risk.

Paper Tape
cuprik5

[ Edited ]

It works!! Which from Lenovo designed this solution for conector.  For somene no warranty voided, you have to remove cover for HDD and RAM. Lenovo is poor quality lately.

My problem was colours like 1980´s ;-)