Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
tomaz

MY y570 runs laggy and choppy on games!NEED SOLUTION!

So my brand new ideapad y570 runs choppy on games and i still cant find any solution.It seems Lenovo are lazy or dont care at all to fund solution too.I dont agree that makeing procesor runs on 99% without turno boosting is any kind of solving the problem.SO that does it! I Need Lenovo to tell me step by step what to do to make it run normally right now!!!I am pised off and i feel like screwed that i give 1000 euro for gameing PC that cant run any game at all!

Token Ring
zitnikp

Re: MY y570 runs laggy and choppy on games!NEED SOLUTION!

Hello there mate,

Try this, it kind of worked for me although I have tweaked mine a lot to make it run. Try downloading Throttlestop 4.0, run the program, choose the (2) gaming profile, untick the C1E and EIST boxes, click Save, click Turn On, then try to run the game.

And it's always a good thing to have a program like Coretemp to measure the maximum and minimum temperatures of the GPU and CPU in case it gets too hot. That is the reason for throttling.

And restore the processor power in windows power management back to 100%. It worked for me, and now my Skyrim runs on constant 50-60 fps, with occasional drops of too much fog in the game which makes the game drop to 30 fps.

And if you know your way around computers, you could try to overclock the GPU a little bit(let's say 800/1600/1580) and perhaps try undervolting the processor to minimum STABLE voltage, which doesn't affect the processors performance, but it may decrease temperature to drop down for average 10°C.

Oh and usually you can try playing around with the gaming settings in Nvidia control panel. I've found out that most of my games had stuttering problem when the Threaded Optimization was turned to Auto or ON. So I turned that OFF and gained like about 80 fps in black ops(which is a **bleep**ty port from console to pc).

Please do report back if any of these things perhaps worked for you! Good luck sir!

Paper Tape
tomaz

That is realy good what you have told me to do and i hope it works.I tryed everithing else and problem exists.lenovo still dont bother at all and no reply from them here and anywhere else!I wanna know if this is HARDWERE problem and i need to send my computer back or it is softwere problem and i just wait for real slution.Is this some product line defect of the hardwere because i know many people around the world have this **bleep** too.

Paper Tape
AreiKuen

How do you undervolt Y570's i7 processor?

Paper Tape
tomaz

still nothing...someone here read this things?Someone care for us?

Paper Tape
SaiA

Not sure if this will help but try this.
Control Panel -> Power Options. Set it to High Performance.