Support in other languages: 
HDMI
kostadinbal
Accepted Solution

Maximum amount of RAM on Y570 and Z570

What is the maximum amount of RAM that the Y570 and the Z570 can support? Is it 8GB or 16GB?

Community Moderator
yigit
HDMI
kostadinbal

Re: Maximum amount of RAM on Y570 and Z570

Thanks yigit but I still can't figure it out. I want to get Lenovo official information if it is possible to use 2x8GB modules on the y570
Community Moderator
yigit

[ Edited ]

according to the manual, it supports 8gb max.

8gb max7; pc3-10600 1333mhz ddr3, non-parity,
dual-channel capable, two 204-pin so-dimm sockets

http://www.ki-themes.com
HDMI
kostadinbal

Thank you :smileyhappy:

802.11n
velenoso666

kostadinbal wrote:
Thanks yigit but I still can't figure it out. I want to get Lenovo official information if it is possible to use 2x8GB modules on the y570

From all accounts and you must of encountered a lot at this forum being a frequent visitor, why would you take any  Lenovo official information as being gospel.

When you must know (because you are a frequent visitor) that most of the solutions for the problems of lenovo products don't come from Lenovo official information? 

In fact I'd be prepared to bet that some of the lenovo guys come here from time to time looking for solutions to their own problems!

andyP
Topics: 163
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

velenoso666 wrote:

When you must know (because you are a frequent visitor) that most of the solutions for the problems of lenovo products don't come from Lenovo official information? 

In fact I'd be prepared to bet that some of the lenovo guys come here from time to time looking for solutions to their own problems!

yes, quite correct that in this peer to peer forum members are actually helping each other. It states quite clearly in the forum guidelines that this is a peer to peer forum and not a dedicated support channel.

I wouldn't bet against you, I've been servicing and supporting IBM/Lenovo Think products for over 11 years and still don't know everything and occasionally pop in to see if someone is experiencing the same as one of my customers.

But you would have known that being a frequent visitor. :smileywink:

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

802.11n
velenoso666

andyP wrote:

But you would have known that being a frequent visitor. :smileywink:

My friend I can only in all truth tell you what I know or what I believe I know, that's why I said it and the correct answer to the OP's question is 16 GB to the best of my knowledge, despite the Lenovo official information which we all know has been left wanting on more than one occasion. :smileysurprised:

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,325
Solutions: 285

velenoso666,

I think you are all right - this is peer to peer support, and customers / non-employees who participate here do provide the vast majority of the answers.  I think that is actually a really good thing, and it makes sense if you think about all the different possible scenarios - combinations of various software, OS versions, 3rd party option accessories, and environments being used.   

Indeed, I think Lenovo does learn from our customers in many ways, and I think that is a good thing too.  I continue to be impressed by the kinds of people here - many who are engineers or professionals with advanced degrees,  some like AndyP who work on our systems on a daily basis (and have for years) based on their "day jobs" , and some who may just be brilliant on their own account.   

In terms of providing "official answers" when it comes to specs, we have to answer based on reference doccuments - PSREF sheets, content on support or marketing site (except when a mistake is noted there).

When it comes to memory or HDD compatibility - the official answers are what is published, and those come from a combination of the test plan and the products that we sell at the time the spec was published.   For example, if we didn't sell an 8 GB module, it may well work, but we may not have tested.   We have to provide an answer for what we are prepared to support through engineering.

In many cases, the community may report that things actually do work in configurations beyond which Lenovo offiicially supports, and I think that's a good thing too.  Another value for having our customers pool their knowledge and experience here.

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions / knowlege you share with others here.

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

HDMI
kostadinbal

[ Edited ]

I'm still curious if anyone has tried to use 2x8GB modules? (velenosso666 have you tried it? ) About the community solutions- I agree, that is why I registered here. Also I should appologise about the "official info" thing, I'm asking because I want to learn if it works and if someone had already tried it. You know I can't order the 16GB kit and not use it because the system supports only 8GB, thats why I'm so eager about that info.
Thank you guys for the quick replies !!!!